“Acceptable for the price.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a coupon from a motel book and paid $45 plus tax for 2. Room was clean and didn't smell. We were only staying 9 hours so definitely was fine for us. Staff was friendly and allowed us to look at the room prior to paying.

• Stayed: August 2013
effinghamgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Mr.Runforfunn,
Thank you for staying at our Americas Best Value Inn of Effingham.We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay.We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Finding this hotel was tricky. You have to turn on an unmarked road, and sort of wind your way back to the hotel. It's right next to the highway, but it's not obvious how to get there.
I think this hotel was a nice place at one time, but it has definitely seen better days. The room was old and a bit shabby. The bathroom, while relatively clean, had rust around the toilet, and the knobs on the faucets were loose.
The beds were OK, not sagging, so that was good.
The A/C is turned off until you check in, so the room is a bit stuffy.
Walls and ceiling are not sound proof, so I could hear water running in other rooms, and people walking around and talking.
The worst thing was the WiFi. It was intermittant, and VERY slow. Sometimes it wasn't working at all.
Continental Breakfast was pretty good, although nothing fancy. Cereal, toast, waffles, juice. The staff was good at keeping things filled up.
The overall impression I got of this hotel was of staying in a college dorm.
I paid $63 for the room, which I thought was too high for the quality. I probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mrs.Shadow,
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your disappointing stay as a
guest of Americas Best Value Inn of Effingham.I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.It is our goal to provide our very best to each and every guest.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Effingham Illinois is where Interstate 57 meets Interstate 70. I have found it a good place to stay when driving cross country since I can make weather related decisions while I rest here. Right at the crossroads is the America's Best Value Inn. This was my first stay on this property and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the motel. The physical plant is a little dated, but well maintained and clean. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The plumbing worked well. The wifi connection worked with reasonable speed since I was able to use Skype with no problems. The room also came equipped with a small refrigerator and a microwave. There is a Culver's restaurant right next door which made for a convenient quick supper. The next morning the breakfast was served in the lobby. In addition to the usual assortment of sweet rolls, there was a waffle maker - more than I expected.
Overall, this Inn is a great stopping off point and I will be back.

Room Tip: The second floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank azuplink

Dear Mr.Azuplink,
Thank you for staying at our Americas Best Value Inn of Effingham. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay.We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This America's Best Value Inn is quite acceptible for a night or two. My room was clean and quiet, and featured some surprises like a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, a comfortable bed, decent quality TP (I get so tired of lack of decent TP), and breakfast which included waffles. I felt safe in this location, and know exterior doors were locked early in the evening. My doggie was welcomed for a $5 fee. Plenty of lighting on the parking lot as well. Staff was respectful and polite. I didn't check out the pool because I was too tired from my trip to swim. I would stay here again. Possibly a former Super 8, but not sure.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The room was pretty clean, no smell. Bathroom could use some updating, but wasn't too bad. We were looking for something inexpensive and this sufficed as a place to rest for the night on our long trip. Bed was comfortable except for the plastic mattress cover (which was easily removed) Conveniently located right of the interstate. Would stay again on a trip.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here from 9pm to 6am while on a long road trip. Check in staff was friendly. Rate was best in area. Bed was more comfortable than any we'd had since we left home 8 days ago. Morning staff was friendly and complimentary breakfast included jot waffles, coffee, juices, milk, cereal and pastries. Would stay there again if passing theo

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This motel is an easy on and off of the interstate. It is a former Howard Johnson. The motel is clean inside and the outside as well. It is near gas stations and places to eat, both fast and a little restaurant. The room was immaculate and had a refrigerator and microwave. The desk staff was helpful and extremely polite. The checkin process was quick as well as the check out process. The complimentary continental breakfast was good and plentiful and had something for everyone on it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business