See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Looks like they are partially completed with renovations. We had to stay on the top floor because the bottom floor is still being worked on. The rooms have updated decor, if you like very firm mattress this is your place. Also, the bedding is super thin. Had to bring in a blanket from our car. paid just under$70
Front desk was friendly

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

This hotel sucks . I booked this hotel from a Friday to Tuesday .Did not check in the Friday due to traveling,called the hotel and informed them I was going to check in on the Saturday or Sunday morning.When I did arrive,was told that my reservation was cancelled due to a no show.And on top of that I had to pay a higher rate for one night that I stayed .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rawle P
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

My truck broke down and this place was suggested because of the restaurants within walking distance. That was a plus because there's a good variety right there, 3 minutes walking.

The room is spacious. With the king sized bed, there is open space ... an eating table would have been nice to go there. I had to eat at the small desk where my computer was sitting.
Flies! I hate flies! If i opened the door for a minute, I had flies coming in. Then would spend a half hour killing them all. I guess that's not the hotel's fault, but it was very annoying to have so many flies coming in.
Have something to do. I had movies on my phone to watch on the tv. Btw, the tv was nice, good size, but didn't have any HBO channels as it says, and with the universal (cheap) remote, I had to figure out how to get tv info and settings using the single tv button. There is no uber, and the cab prices seemed kinda pricey ... $7 to go about 2 miles. I wanted to go to the 1 cinema the town has, but $14 Just to get there and back, plus the movie, and food? It would have taken about 40 minutes to walk (according to google map), 6 minutes driving, at about 2 miles. No way. Small town boredom set in after 2 days. I was there for 5!
There is some type of remodelling going on so if you are not up and awake by 9, you be awakened by hammering and sawing.
I didn't get to do the breakfast. It's over by 9am. They should go until 11. To get up to eat breakfast, then go back to boredom because there's nothing to do is not my thing.
The people I dealt with were polite, knowledgeable, and friendly. They knew about their small town. They knew about the repair shop where my truck was. They had that nice small town attitude. How can you get angry at anything with that? You can't .. that's how.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Traveling from Texas to Michigan, one night stop in Effingham, IL. One stop too many! Should have known when we pulled in...only one other car in parking lot. Drove around to our room and where we had to park was disgustingly filthy....little piles of dirt, cigarette butts, wrappers, leaves....unavoidable to step around when getting out of the car and tracked it into the room and our car. There was a microwave, but no place to plug it in. The 'fridge froze the veggies we had for snacking in the car...no way to set temp down, Breakfast,, cream gravy was one huge lump, inedible, no milk for cold cereal. On the plus side, the bed was clean.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2016

This hotel is a courtyard style with outside room entrances. It is in dire need of renovation. However, the price was very low and the room was reasonably clean. There was a fridge, microwave, a nice TV, free wi-fi and a safe. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple