Econo Lodge Effingham
Comfort Suites(Effingham)
$88
$109
Orbitz.com
Super 8 Effingham(Effingham)(Great Value!)
$61
$114
HolidayInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was staying there through work for a Christmas party and when I got back to the room around midnight, I realized there was no toilet paper or towels. I called the front desk numerous times and did not get an answer. I continued to call and when the front desk worker answered, he told me to go shoot myself and I was not getting any of these items. When I went down to the front desk to speak to someone, the same man (Todd) that answered the phone was standing behind the desk. When I looked down at the desk, my room key was sitting out on the desk for anyone to grab. Once I told the man that I was who he had yelled at on the phone, he began throwing items that were sitting on the desk at me and began getting violent. Thankfully, other customers heard the noise and stepped in before the man attacked me. Come to find out, the front desk worker had been drinking with some of the customers in their room earlier that night and was extremely intoxicated. When I was leaving the hotel the next morning, I told the manager of the hotel about what happened and her only response was, "Well, that doesn't surprise me. I'll make sure to talk to someone about it."... I will NEVER return to that hotel again. I would recommend not staying there to anyone else unless you want to be assaulted by front desk workers and extremely disrespected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Katie P
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A friend and I stayed here on our way home to Arkansas from the 2012 Indianapolis MotoGP on Aug. 20, 2012. After three nights in a seedy Motel 6 in Speedway, Ind., the Econo Lodge felt downright luxurious.
I had booked the room online that morning from our Motel 6 room, so checking in was a breeze. There are plenty of nearby dining opportunities and there's a big Conoco/Jack Flash gas station right next door.
Given its location right next to I-70/I-57 and the nearby amenities, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olioscourge
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The place is OLD and tired. The mattress had a visible SAG in it. The carpets were FILTHY. There was MOLD in the shower and on the shower curtain... and to top it off we had a rodent of some sort (mouse? rat?) living in our room. The lobby had the distinct odor of marijuana and the guy working there was just plain CREEPY.

For the same price you can go to the SUPER 8 which is CLEAN, freshly painted, CLEAN carpets and conveniently located near walmart and many restaurants.

I highly do NOT suggest staying at the Econo Lodge unless you are desperate. It was a horrible experience.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinGerry
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed a night here on a cross country trip. Convenient location to the interstate, but so are a lot of other hotels that are probably nicer and in a better repair. We asked for a non-smoking room, but the room really smelled of smoke. Could have been because we were located on the 2nd floor above all of the 1st floor smoking rooms. Room was old and greatly needed to be redone. The wallpaper was peeling, the back of the door had a strange liquid running down it, and all of the outlets were hanging out of the wall. I am happy to have had my own blankets and pillow with me while staying here and I wore my flip flops in the shower. The front if the heater/ac fell off in the middle of the night and sounded like it was going to explode. The shower pressure honestly felt like a fire hose, very hard. Luckily, we were only here about 7 hours total, or I probably would have left. Went to the free breakfast buffet in the morning, but it smelled so bad we turned right around and left. I would pay a little more to stay somewhere nicer if passing through again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hill22785
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is an econo lodge - keep that in mind

The rate was pretty good - i was looking at last minute. 20$ cheaper than comfort inn

this chain can be hit or miss and i took a chance after reading other reviews.

It is an older property - exterior corridors, worn look. Interior furnishings and carpet were not worn bad, and room was clean. Pool looked clean and well kept
breakfast was pretty standard but did have a waffle maker - not the rule for this chain

the exit this property is on is closed going southbound, so in the morning i had to follow detour to interstate but was not a hassle.

enough restaruant choices closeby and gas stations

Overall - not a bad choice for a quick overnight interstate stop

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family