“Pleasant stay for our whole family of seven!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Effingham
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Helpful, pleasant staff! Excellent room (King bed suite w/pull out couch), super clean and extra comfy bed, and loved the decor! Felt the price was fair for what was offered.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel for two other times and never had a problem. This stay was horrible. The rooms are nice but the employess are very rude. Our stay started out with them telling us room was not ready and hour later they told us that our room was ready. So we went up to the room. Later on the called and said that we were being too loud so unless you have kids that are very very quiet i would not advise to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Close to freeway. Nice, clean hotel. The room was nice and the bedding was great. We slept like babies. Had a small pool and hot tub. The free breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly. We were able to check in early too. It was a good stay and we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Just ask for a room NOT on the highway side of the hotel and you should have a very pleasant stay. Even on the highway side, with the white noise of my air conditioner, I slept really well. I did have a lot of room after somehow being given a handicap accessible room. I had a microwave and mini-fridge, though I am unsure if all rooms are equipped with these. Very clean, towels were actually soft and toiletries brand name not some sticky knock-off. Overall I was quite pleased with the value and would stay again if I had to be back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Spacious rooms, new furniture, free wi-fi, ample bathroom amenities, memory foam mattress. Accepts pets, and has lots of places to walk yoiur dog. Cute and clean pool (small). very good breakfast bar in the morning, with waffles, biscuits and gravy as well as a doting breakfast bar lady who was mortified that one of the coffee pots had run out (dark roast and decaf were still available) and she hurried to make us a fresh batch, tsk-tsking herself the whole time. Very sweet. On the whole, this hotel is pretty darn good.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

The room was tastefully decorated and was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable, and there were extra pillows. The amenities in the room included a microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom was spacious and immaculate. There were plenty of towels and for once, I didn't have to request extras. I noticed a couple reviews where noise from the nearby interstate was an issue. I could see the interstate from my window, but I did not hear any noise whatsoever. Perhaps the blower on the heater created enough "white noise" but nonetheless, I did not hear the truck traffic. I had a very restful night. The breakfast offerings included healthy options such as boiled eggs, bananas, pineapple chunks, oatmeal, and light yogurt. I encountered four different staff members during my one night stay and all were friendly and pleasant. I was extremely pleased with this hotel. It is excellent all around and a good value for the money. I have already recommended this hotel to several of my coworkers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed here as an overnight stop on a long drive. I was exhausted and went right to sleep. My husband mentioned it was noisy after I asked him about it. I read another tip about the "good" smell in the room. My hubby couldn't stand it, so we easily found the dryer sheet in the air vent and removed it. Great tip. We used Marriott points - only 10,000 and we very pleased, but we were only there for maybe 8 hours total. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast - waffles, cereals, sausage biscuits, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc. Employees weren't overly friendly, but honestly we didn't encounter too many in our short stay.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple