“Expected a little better for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Effingham
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Westerville, Ohio
“Expected a little better for the price”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a decent hotel with a good location. Room was good except bathtub was not very clean...the grout had some type of pink stain and the tub bottom was dingy. The hot tub was not working. Front desk staff when we arrived was not overly friendly...she just seemed like she was in a hurry to check us in and get rid of us. It was not very busy when we arrived. We've stayed at other Marriott properties for the same price and they were much nicer. There are MANY hotel options in Effingham so I'm not sure I would return to this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wellman, Iowa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Effingham for a car show at Mid America Motorworks. The last experience we had with an Effingham motel wasn't very pleasant so we decided to spend a bit more and get a nicer place to stay this time.

I was very impressed. The room was a typical size, but the bed was very comfortable.

They even had chocolate ice cream for my husband for sale in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really enjoyed our restful overnight here. The entire facility seems new, but the warm, friendly staff made it feel homey. Pet-friendly (modest $10. fee), and easy access from interstate. We had booked ahead to ensure a room (Effingham a popular stop for travelers). Nearby Firefly Grill is a top-notch dining destination for a simple meal or blow-out celebration (we've done both there).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
spring hill, tn
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Where do I begin? Wow! From the smallest to the largest detail, this place has got it goin on! I called ahead with questions about the surrounding area and the staff was very informative. The room was incredible, the bed was so comfortable and then I find out that they were going to be changing the beds with them still being that comfortable! The curtains allowed me to black out the room for much needed sleep with the sun up. I love black pepper on most everything I eat and I thought it was so cool that even the picture of breakfast on the elevator door had black pepper on it. At breakfast, the sausage was well done, there was cheese near the eggs if you wanted it and there was even Tobasco sause available too! Oh, and after driving a motor coach all day it was so refreshing to get to soak my tired bones in the hot tub which stayed open til eleven o'clock considering most times you don't get back to the hotel til ten o'clock with most groups. I could go on and on. There were also plenty of channels on the tv and a helpful tv listings guide too. The Fairfield Inn & Suites is like an oasis in an urban desert.

• Stayed May 2013
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly staff. We had a 2 double bed room and it was very large. The hot tub in the pool area was clean and worked out all the tension from driving 8 hours. The mattress in the room was literally like sleeping on a cloud. In addition to that, we had a free eggs, sausage and other items for breakfast in the morning. It is literally 2 blocks from I75 so fast off and on. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Quad Cities
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here one night during a road trip. This hotel is conveniently located off the interstate and close to restaurants. We had a two room suite and it provided us with great space to relax. Staff was friendly and the breakfast met our needs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was just passing through and I was too sick to continue my trip any further, so I decided to stay at this hotel. I was on the fourth floor and I did not hear any road noise during my stay. The beds were comfortable and the hotel has a list of nearby restaurants that deliver. I would stay here again. It is one of the nicer Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at. It is a little tricky to get too based on the signs and you will have to go down a rough road to get here. I was able to get a lower rate by mentioning the "special rates" sign they had in the front, which lowered the nightly rate by around $30.

My only complaint is the breakfast. It seemed pretty bad and they had no healthy options. The protein source was a boiled egg. No scrambled eggs, bacon, or sausage her. There isn't much to do in the area, but that should be expected. This hotel seems to target the travelers who are to weary to continue their drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business