“Freshly Prepared to specifications!”
Review of firefly grill

firefly grill
Reserve with OpenTable
firefly grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Effingham
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Keller Drive
Description: Firefly Grill is a modern roadhouse restaurant located on the shores of Kristie Lake. Chef Niall Campbell and his wife Kristie own and operate this oasis of American fresh cuisine in the heart of the Midwest. Firefly's menu changes daily and boasts fresh seafood, oak fired steaks and brick oven pizzas. Firefly uses local ingredients whenever possible and fresh herbs and vegetables straight from their very own garden! Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian & All Special Diets - because we make our food to order, many of our offerings can accommodate multiple dietary considerations. Please alert your server and they will guide you to a special choice while ensuring our Chefs take extra care with your dishes.
Madisonville
“Freshly Prepared to specifications!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Chef prepared entrees with detail to my vegan preferences. Delicious! Atmosphere is casual with a hint of elegance in rural Illinois. On the edge of town, the area is quiet with a remote feeling.

Visited September 2012
NYPR22, General Manager at firefly grill, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are so happy to hear you liked the vegan dishes Chef prepared for you! We love hearing from our customers, especially when they enjoyed their experience with us! We will be sure to pass your compliments along to our chefs! Come back & see us soon! Sincerely, Cara Milewski, General Manager.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Too high of expectations I guess”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I read some great reviews on TA before my colleagues went here for a dinner this week. I am allergic to dairy, and made this pretty clear to the server. I was served a minestrone soup with cheese sprinkled on top, and had to send it back. The soup was just OK. I ordered the Asian chicken salad which they told me had only a peanut dressing. When I got home, I immediately got sick and had terrible and scary symptoms over the next 12-16 hours. So, ultimately there was dairy in my salad too. My co-workers got steaks, which they said were good. Overall, this place is likely the only decent place to eat in Effingham. I would give it another try if I were ever back in the area but you have to take people's allergies seriously.

• Visited September 2012
Please accept our sincerest apology & thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take our customer’s food allergies & dietary restrictions very seriously. That said, we will share your experience with our whole staff & it will be remedied immediately. We can assure you that this problem will be alleviated at once & would love for you to give us another try. Sincerely, Cara Milewski, General Manager.
“Tried this place several times and think I must be cursed, have yet to have a good experience.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The raves for this place make me wonder if I'm going to the same restaurant. I've been to the Firefly several times and have yet to have a good experience. I could overlook the dirty tables, the poor service (the last time the waiter didn't bring our salad out until after our meal) but if I am going to pay those kind of prices, I expect the food to be above par. Instead, we found it merely ok. Overall, I found the place to be pretentious and very disappointing.

1 Thank Gypsy2114
NYPR22, General Manager at firefly grill, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is very discouraging to hear that your dining experiences with us have not been up to par. We would like to apologize for poor service & the condition of your table. Cleanliness is not negotiable with us and I have just begun to research what may have happened. Your experience and comments are extremely important to us, we would like to know more about your experience so that we can ensure that it never happens again. Please contact me at 217-342-2002 with any information that could help us. Sincerely, Cara Milewski, General Manager.
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“So glad we found this place.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I live in Rhode Island, but we find ourselves driving through Effingham, IL on tour as often as we can so we're able to stop and eat at the Firefly Grill. They have hands down the best food in the area, and arguably (in my opinion) most of the country. It's fresh, delicious, creative, and absolutely worth trying. They have a garden out back and grow many of their own vegetables that they use in recipes and their specials board is always full of incredible meals inspired by whichever local ingredients are in season. Everything I've tried there has been delicious.

Despite living all the way across the country, the waitress we've gotten every time has remembered us. The place is absolutely beautiful as well. Service is incredible and we're always excited when we're able to plan a trip back. This is one of the places where I'm always a little bit sad when my stomach is full and I have to stop eating.

• Visited June 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us! To hear such wonderful comments about our establishment makes us very proud! It is greatly appreciated! We look forward to passing your sentiments along to our staff & hope that you will come back to visit us soon! Sincerely, Cara Milewski, General Manager.
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Simply outstanding food and service, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

3 couples, and we all had different entrees, all excellent. Spouses duck, a steak, crab cakes, my seafood pasta -- all first class. Good cold tap beer. An open room with folks having a good time. Attentive service. Very best restaurant in area by far! Excellent food, attentive service, and a neat atmosphere, everything you want in a restaurant.

Thank you so much for your praises on our food, service & atmosphere! We will be sure to pass your thoughts along to our whole staff! Please come back and visit us anytime! Sincerely, Cara Milewski, General Manager.

Been to firefly grill? Share your experiences!