“Steaks great, salad bar included in price.”

Niemerg's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Effingham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good food, lots of variety on the soup & salad bar, I had prime rib well done. It was very tender best ever. The waitress was kind enough to tell us they were about to Tear down the salad bar if we wanted to come & get something else. Sorry I didn't go for breakfast also

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We always stop here if it's dinner or lunch time en route on I70. The place never fails to satisfy. It's one of those classic places that old couples in Oldsmobiles like, and you can see why. Everything cooked properly, lots of variety, and an immense salad bar, all fresh. And there's beer! (US lagers).

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went here based on tripadvisor, good decision. Food very good ,staff good and pleasant . Salad was fresh and crisp. a good meal and not over-priced

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was visiting my parents and they took me to this place right off the interstare in Effingham that they love. Looked like a truck stop has like three dining areas, a diner area, a bar and a full service restaurant. Very country feeling, menu has steaks, chicken, and plenty of other items to choose from as well as a soup and salad buffet. I did not expect much but the chicken I ordered was amazing, cooked perfectly with lots of flavor, my sister and nephew both had steaks that looked great and were huge portions. Place was crowded but service was fast. They are famous in the area for pies which we were too full to try but bought one to go home.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

While traveling from Fla. to Wi. We stopped in Effingham, lucky for us this restraunt was right in front of our hotel ( walking distance) My husband is crazy for salad bars so as soon as we walked in he was in heaven, salad bar is included with your entree, but all u need is the alas bar. Nachos, potatoes, soup, salad, desserts, amazing... When driving through Illinois don't pass this one up ... So delicious. Service was just as good..

1  Thank kristybikerbabe