Hampton Inn & Suites Effingham
HolidayInn.com
$80
Hotels.com
$109
Super 8 Effingham(Effingham)(Great Value!)
$61
Travelocity
All reviewsfirefly grillwalk in showercookiesenjoyed our staybusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastrestaurants and shoppinggreat place to stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areafitness centereasy accessstaff was very friendly and helpfulcomfortable roomafter a long dayconvenient location
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was beautiful and spotless. I loved the crisp sheets and the duvets. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was great for the kids and the breakfast was fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Angie_676, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Effingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

We are happy that you have taken the time to write a review of our hotel. It is all about making everyone's stay the best possible, even when it is for a short time. It is great to hear that your children had such a good time in our pool, and that you would choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had an issue on our reservations, which we mistakenly purchased through Expedia. I had to change one day, and it was going to cost me plenty. Lesa at the Hampton Inn and Suites went extremely way out of her way to rectify the issues, placed us in a room that was beautiful. My near crying turned into joys! The hotel is so nice, clean, and convenient. Denny's is located next door. We had a wonderful stay and the staff, day or night, was so pleasant and helpful, but Lesa and her kindness and determination made our stay possible and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Terry P

We are so happy to hear we could turn around you potential nightmare with one of our secret weapons... Lisa! She is great, and we area glad to hear that you think so too. Sometimes it takes some finagling to fix a problem created by an outside property, but for our guests' sakes we are willing to travel that extra mile, or two, to make every stay great. We hope you we get see you again in the future, and make that stay just a great, from start to finish.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a clean and comfortable room. Local restaurant selections are very limited. The swimming pool was great. Very clean and lots of chairs and tables. Staff was very nice too. Some local shopping but again not a lot of stuff to do for kids except swim.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 251denniss251

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your time spent at our hotel. It mans a lot to hear from our guests and about the things that not only happen here on the property, but the things that include the area that we are situated in. There are many chain restaurants situated near our hotel which requires a bit more time spent in the car when you want to eat at "local" option. Our staff is great at suggesting those places and can give you directions to those local spots that are located in our area. Next time you stay with us I'm sure we can set you up with our favorite local spots and you can experience a taste of Effingham.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very clean rooms, quiet stay, with nice breakfast. Newly constructed hotel. Pillows were a bit too fluffy and would prefer a variety of thickness on the bed to fit everyones preference. The price was similar to that of the Chicagoland market which seemed high for this area. While staying here I recommend Firefly restaurant. Great food and atmosphere but once again pricey for the area. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate all comments from our guests. We cannot improve on things if we do not get to hear what our guests think, so thank you for your help in helping us improve every guest's experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in town for a show at the Effingham Performance Center, which was less than 5 minutes away.

This hotel appears to be fairly new. For sure, it is well kept and very clean. Room was well appointed and I was able to accomplish a bit of work before the show.

I especially like my bathroom to be very clean and it was. The bed was the usual comfy Hampton bed.

I had no trouble finding this Hampton, right off I-70 and the staff gave to directions to the concert and to Kohl's. I could find Starbucks myself!

My only complaint is the trash was picked up so darn early. I was in a deep sleep when I heard that happening.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with convenienve to the Effingham Performance Center. However, we do not like hearing that the trash truck disturbed your great night's sleep! This is definitely something that we need to fix. Hopefully the next time you are in town for a show, you will give us another chance to help you have a great night's sleep that does not include waking up to anything but your alarm if you choose to set one.