Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Effingham, IL
Comfort Suites(Effingham)
$98
$114
$80
Super 8 Effingham(Effingham)(Great Value!)
$61
$109
Fairfield Inn
$93
Travelocity
All reviewsreal platesroom was cleancookiesgreat place to staystaff was very friendlywould recommend this hotel to anyonegreat roomnext morningshopping and restaurantshot tubbagelspleasant staysausageoff the highwayfitness centerfresh fruitfirst floor
Reviewed March 24, 2010

great place to stay , pool hot tub good room clean ,cookies at front deask are awesome . everything was good at this hotel

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I was traveling alone, on my way to a friend's funeral. I stopped here because it looked nice and the reviews were good. Since I am a solo traverler, I asked for a second or third floor room, because it makes me feel safer. The front desk attendant patronized me by saying he would put me on the first floor right next to him where I would be safe and sound for the night and he would be able to watch over me. A little creepy. I am a grown, thirty year old woman. I don't need anyone to look after me, I just wanted a simple request fufilled. If none were available, a simple "We don't have any available" would have sufficed. The bed was not all that comfortable and I could see the springs in the mattress. Very hard.
The indoor pool looked very nice, and the pillows were great and soft. Also, the breakfast the next morning looked very good. I only had some fruit, as I needed to get back on the road, but it looked very appetizing.
Overall, it was not worth the price I paid (nearly $100). If you have children or leisure time, I'm sure the amenities make it well worth the cost. However, if you are just a passing through traveler, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank LouisianaQueen
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stayed here recently for one night while on a road trip. I can't say enough nice things about the place. Check-in was easy. The front desk was helpful and attentive. We had a one bedroom unit that was nicely decorated, was very spacious and very clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast selections were very good. (We took food back to the room. Heated up the eggs, bacon and biscuits in the microwave. Highly recommended!) The ONLY negative was that the bedroom door did not close all the way. Other than that, no complaints. We would definitely stay here again and hope that our travels will allow us to.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed in Effingham on an overnight stop to Southern Illinois, and I had reserved a room here because I usually try to find Country Inns wherever we travel, and partly because of the reviews on tripadvisor. I must say that this hotel exceeded all expectations, and if you are in the area, stay here. It is very easy access off the interstate, and is located right in the heart of many other hotels, restaurants, a Wal Mart, and a mini shopping plaza. The room was spacious, and very clean, quiet through the night, and even though we did not take advantage of the continental breakfast, it looked nice as we left. The staff was extremely friendly, and offered excellent directions when we were trying to find a particular destination. Overall, this stay was one of the best we've had, and I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Country Inns & Suites Effingham. The staff is awesome, very professional, helpful, and nice. The entire hotel is clean, warm, and bright. We had a two room suite that was very clean, well appointed, well maintained, and very comfortable. I am a light sleeper and was pleasantly surprised at how well sound proofed the room was. We were on the second floor and I was not disturbed by neighbors next door or above. We also took advantage of the free breakfast and really enjoyed the quality and variety of the food served. I also personally enjoyed the nightly cookies that John at the front desk set out in the lobby each evening. The cookies were soft, chewy and very tasty. This is a wonderful hotel and a great value for the service and amenities provided. We will definitely stay at this hotel again on our way West to Kansas to see my folks.

Steve Enright, Ohio