What's with hotels in Illinois? They always seem to be expensive, and the hotels in the Effingham area the day we needed a room where sold out for some reason, all the way to Mount Vernon. Anyway, the clerk gave us a deal of 20% off, but it was still over $130+ for one night. The employees where very nice, the breakfast attendant was very welcoming, and the night clerk got me some utensils and plates for us to use with out being put out. Walmart was a short walk away for supplies, and restaurants are near too. The area seemed safe and quiet, accept the constant noise of the highway and Jake brakes. They are doing construction on this portion of the interstate, which had an off ramp is literally 5 feet from the parking lot. The pool was super warm and open until 11pm, the hot tub was nice too. My only complaint would be the price and the smell. Our room smelled like some had smoked and then they tried to cover it with some stinky spray. The AC unit outside our door smelled musty too. The bed was comfy but the "Euro" pillows a little small for my liking. Still, the staff's customer service made up for these negatives. We didn't make our reservations in advanced, and all the other hotels in the area where sold out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Town house and condominium style rooms with full kitchenette, washer/dryer. All king beds with pull out sofa-sleeper. A/C and free local/long-distance calling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Carlson and Hotwire so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Effingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Effingham Hotel Effingham
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Effingham
- Country Inn Effingham
- Effingham Country Inn