“Great Comfortable Stay with a Few Minor Issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Effingham

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Effingham
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Effingham
Geneva, Illinois
“Great Comfortable Stay with a Few Minor Issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I just returned from staying at this hotel for a week of training in the area. Check in and out were quick and efficient, the room was clean and well stocked, the property well-maintained, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfasts were the typical fare you find at a Country Inn & Suites. The hotel is located in a good location with a Wal-Mart and many restaurants within walking distance.

The only issues I had were that the alarm clock did not seem to work so I had to rely on my smart phone to wake me up in time. And when I tried to turn on the heater it set off the smoke alarm in my room so I had to turn it back to the AC. Fortunately it was warm during my stay so I didn't need to rely on the heater. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Matamoras, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September in a suite. The room was very nice and John at the front desk sent us to a great restaurant. I will stay there again. The interstate was under construction and it was great to get out of the traffic and get in a comfortable room. This hotel is right at the exit, so it was easy to leave the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
McComb, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is fine for an overnight stay and close to shopping and restaurants. Property was clean but rooms and building needed some minor updates. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Front desk will negotiate on room rates as they came down when we debated whether to check out other places as there are plenty of hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family was traveling across country and needed a place to stay that was right off the highway so we could get back on the road bright and early the next morning. I've never stayed at a Country Inn but the price was so much better than at The Hampton Inn right next door and we got a room with two queen-sized beds as opposed to two doubles anywhere else. We have three kids and appreciated the bigger beds so everyone was more comfortable! The hotel offers a free hot breakfast, but not until 7 am on the weekends. We wanted to be on the road at 6:30 am the next day so we could not take advantage of it. I would definitely stay at a Country Inn again. The room was clean, large and the check-in staff was efficient and friendly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyT2013
Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staff was friendly but the person at the front desk said he was alone and seemed to be overwhelmed by the amount of business. This seemed strange since it was a Saturday night in June - prime vacation travel season. Room was OK - looked clean but smelled kind of musty. Pool was nice but was way to crowded because of it being a Saturday night. Breakfast was good. We might give this property another shot if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Spottsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My parent were traveling on I-57 when they was in a terrible car accident we live 2.5 hours away my husband found this hotel when we was still at the ER and he booked 2 rooms and told then wasnt sure what time we would show up they said it was fine.I dont remember much but what i do remember it was very clean beds were very comfortable I think they offer breakfast we stayed 2 nights it was easy to find everyone was very nice.I believe we was close to walmart and food places. Thank you so much country inn for taking care of us during this terrible time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Room was very comfortable and clean and quiet off the highway, The breakfast was also good and not limited to high carb bread items.The front desk people were very nice. They were almost sold out so I suggest to reserve a room if in the area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple