“Most Accomodating in Effingham”
Review of Days Inn Effingham

Days Inn Effingham
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Tacoma
“Most Accomodating in Effingham”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I typically head back to the Effingham area once or twice a year to see my family. I'm in the military and this hotel in exceptional in their customer service and rebates to military members. I will not stay anywhere else from now on. The value and accomodations are exceptional for the price. Every time I come here the ladies at the front desk seem to remember me and go out of their way to take care of us. Best hotel across the board in the Effingham area, without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Stayed two nights here this past weekend while attending the U of M game at Champagn, IL...selected the hotel because since I live in Arkansas, it was on the way and not too far, but allowed me to get a small head start on the drive back.

Check in was easy late Friday night and our room was fine - interior corridor hallway smelled slightly of smoke because the smoking rooms were down the hall at the other end of the second floor - first floor appeared to be all non-smoking. This Days Inn was all interoir corridor which is a change from most of the Days Inn properties I've been to, but it used to be a Ramada Limited so this may be why its interior corridor.

Anyhow, beds were comfy in my double queen bed room, and the TV, while it was not a flat screen, was 27 inches and had probably 75 channels which was more than I'd seen at any other hotel in a while. Bathroom was basic but did have the massage shower head and curved shower rods which is nice. Vanity was outside the bathroom which was convienient, and we had a microwave and refrigerator which was nice.

We only had the continental breakfast once of the two days we were there, and it was pretty much standard fare. High Speed Internet was good, and free.

I usually find Days Inn to be average at best but this one was solid; I would not hesitate to stay at this Days Inn property if ever passing through Effingham again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2009

the staff here was wonderful and very helpful, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I was traveling with my mother-in-law and myson with his girlfriend. We had booked two rooms through Expedia ( I had wanted smoking and was unable to ask for the other to be non online). It took just a couple of minutes to check in. When we got to our rooms which were adjacent to each other as requested, my son came over and stated he did not like the stale smell of smoke in his room. Our room smelled like cleaning chemicals and when I took my shoes off, found that the floor was wet from having been shampooed. I called the desk and the manager came within minutes. My son was immediately placed into a non-smoking room and my MIL and i moved into theirs. Worked out perfectly. The rooms were very clean and the wonderful 3 large pillows on each bed were heaven sent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Greer, SC
Reviewed July 21, 2009

A dump, pure and simple. Priceline rates it at 2 stars. WAY OVERRATED!!! Maybe, just maybe 1 star....for proximity to I70. Plenty of other BETTER choices here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tourpro1

Travelers are raving about these Effingham hotels

Westland, MI
Reviewed March 9, 2009

On my way to Texas, this was handy right off of the expressway. Staff was very nice. Room was clean and quite large. Just got a laptop, so my first use of wireless, easy to access though unsecure. Breakfast room was large3 and food was very good.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Was on my way to Alabama for Christmas and ran into freezing rain and just pulled over in Effingham and it was right off of the interstate. The front desk staff, both when we checked in and when we left, were fantastic. The rooms were very clean and in good shape. Love that they had three pillows on the bed and they were fluffy not flat like in most other hotels. I was surprised by how nice the rooms were when I found out how much the room was (with tax it was about $61). Very pleasantly surprised and would reccomend it! Thank you for a GREAT stay! We stayed at another Days Inn in Blooming Il on the way back and it was no where near as nice as the one in Effingham.

• Liked — The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated
  • Disliked — Nothing at all.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family