“Comfortable stay, but hotel needs upgrading”
Review of Days Inn Effingham

Days Inn Effingham
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Room was clean with plenty of towels, good shower pressure, sink outside of the shower which we like a lot, good lighting and comfortable bed, excellent wireless connection.
There is a LOT of construction going on in the area. This may explain the run-down appearance of the hotel as a whole. It was fully booked, as I'm sure it is every day with all the construction workers.
Once all the highway construction is finished it is definitely time for an extensive remodel to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My kids and I were very disappointed. The only thing we liked about our stay was the set up of the room. Service and outside the room were the problem. The pool, which my boys insisted on, was at the hotel across the parking lot (the two hotels shared a pool). The pool itself was freezing and had cracked/broken concrete. The hot tub, another reason for booking there, was set at 75 degrees and could not be raised. It took the attendant 15 minutes to get towels for us and to check on the hot tub. This hotel was also in need of immediate attention. I've never been this disappointed in a hotel/motel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I will never stay there again. Smelly, hole in wall in room, small rack hanging on wall of room and called it a closing. Carpeting dirty, dust on furniture, carpet not vaccued to edges and corners, pop machine not working, breakfast not good... All fruit in basket old and rotting, coffee so bad couldn't drink it. Don't go there. Had to pay $79 with a Vet discount for that!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

They are much nicer places to stay in Effingham -- and some are cheaper. We tried to cancel our reservation after getting to the hotel but the desk clerk gave us such a hard time -- it was 3 pm on the Sat. of Memorial Day weekend -- she said on holidays they require a 24-hour cancellation -- that we ended up staying there. They advertise a pool -- but they share it with the Rodeway Inn -- and after walking over to see it, we decided not to allow the kids to get in it -- was afraid they'd catch "something" in it. Check out the Quality Inn if you need a decent place to stay that's lower in cost -- rooms there were $79 vs. $89 a night at the Days Inn -- and the hotel and pool appeared to be much better maintained. We've stayed in very nice Days Inns previously - this one has not been maintained & is overpriced in comparison.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Everthing was fine. High spedd internet. Comfortable bed. Nice and net clean. What else need with family. Good break fast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a hotel I will never stay at again. It is absolutely disgusting, the smell (I can not even explain how awful it is), the carpets in the hallways and especially the rooms are so filthy they could get up walk away. I would not let my kids take their shoes off. The blankets on the bed, nasry, nope don't use those either. The pictures they have posted on their web site were more than likely when they opened on the 1st day. The rooms are nothing like what is shown, just as they advertise a pool. No, they do not, they "share" with the neighboring hotel (motel as far as I'm concerned) the pools paint is chipped badly, the so called "hot" tub was filled only 1/2 way and was cold and the pool its self was freezing. Complete joke. Toliet broke after the first flush, outlets didn't work, no clock to set an alarm, bathroom disgusting. Elevator did not work either for those who stayed in the main building. This whole expierience disgusted me that I would not even allow my family to eat the "free" breakfast...no thanks! This hotel just needs to be torn down, I don't know how they can "pass" on anything. The so called "help" for front desk, not helpful at all, they are also rude! As you see I really want to give this "rating" a zero" but it will not allow me to complete the form without doing so.

Room Tip: Yeah don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

My heart sank when Priceline sold us this hotel. However, unlike reviews, our room was newly renovated and very nice. Included breakfast was in a separate room with waffles etc. Staff were also very friendly. Not so pretty on outside of hotel, but who cares. Clean bed/bath, no bugs, free breakfast & wifi are my needs. On my list for next road trip.

• Stayed: April 2012