“Best Authentic Mexican Food”
Review of Taqueria Don Pedro

Taqueria Don Pedro
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Effingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had dinner last night at Don Pedro and were reminded again why this place is our regular spot for dining out. From the authenticity of the food to the freshness of the ingredients. Have had several things on the menu but my favorite is the zarape. Very family friendly environment and the staff is about a friendly as it gets. If you are passing through or simply looking for a great casual meal this is your spot!!!!

1  Thank waldfam

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This little restaurant looks a little rough on the outside, but the interior and food are quite nice. Its run by a very nice family, and their service is good and friendly. The price is the same as most sit down places, but you definitely get what you pay for here.

2  Thank Jesse W
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was just passing through town and tried this little Mexican place. It was clean and neat and the food was delicious! The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa was homemade, and my entree was excellent. I had the enchiladas with a variety of meats, and all were good. The toppings (the green sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado) were all fresh and delicious. I would definitely eat here again if ever passing through this town again.

1  Thank Kristy M
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place is pretty much like every other Mexican place run by a Mexican family. The food is decent and made so that everyone will like it. You can't go wrong but you also can't remember what you had last time unless you always order the same thing. The choices are limited in the area so this is as good as it gets! With that said, the servers are friendly, they remember you, and the food comes out pretty fast!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the most delicious Mexican food I have ever ate! I try to get something different each time I go, and it is always spectacular! My go to favorite is their traditional chicken tacos, and I try not to stuff myself on the delicious chips and salsa and cheese dip first! Everything is homemade and FRESH, including their awesome hot sauces! The service is fast and friendly every time, and the atmosphere is always inviting! I HAVE to eat here every time I go through Effingham, and I find myself often wanting to make a trip there just to get this amazing food!!! Don't even hesitate, go get you some Taqueria Don Pedro NOW!

1  Thank FoodJunkie0927