“So Glad We Found It!”

Taqueria Don Pedro
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Effingham
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St Louis
“So Glad We Found It!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This has now become the place I will stop for a meal when passing through Effingham. We stopped on our way from St. Louis to Cedar Point the other day and the meal was simply perfect. The flavors were very good and authentic to the delicious food I have gotten used to while traveling in Mexico. The six of us ordered a variety of meals from the menu and there wasn't a single disappointment. The veggies they used for vegetarian meals were perfectly flavored and cooked (of course, they are in season now so we got lucky on that). The salsas, often an immediate disappointment at Mexican places in the Midwest, were all zesty and fresh. The service was very friendly and attentive. Sure, we sat at a creaky picnic table next to a gas station, but the food and service made it worth it. Just be forewarned, they have no liquor license, so no tequila to go with your tacos! But they do make a hibiscus tea that is pretty refreshing.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank LKBMB

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food but service was great.”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had mixed reviews in our party. The clear favorites were the nachoes. Chicken dishes were good but the pork was overdone. The staff went out of their way to serve and make us happy with our meal. Salsa was great with a nice kick. Family of five and our bill was under 30.

1 Thank Hillfive
Effingham, Illinois
“Best Mexican Around”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The food here is delicious!! I rarely venture away from my steak tacos but this place makes me want to try the enchiladas, tortas, flautas, and chimichangas. Since my husband and I eat here at least once a week I have tried them all. He loves the torta and I love the flautas and chimichanga the most. One of the lunch specials lets you try different things for around $5. You can get a taco, plus your choice of the flautas, enchiladas, chimichangas, and a few others I don't remember, plus rice or beans. Everything is made when you order it and is very authentic. Not at all like the mass produced items at the other local Mexican restaurants.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank sdm256
Rensselaer IN
“Mouthwatering good.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I've been here multiple times when coming through the area and this place has been excellent everytime. Everything is cooked perfectly. The service is always outstanding and the prices are great as well. Its a quaint down to earth place the will leave you wanting more.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank jgflys
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“authentic!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I was on my way to Chicago and stopped off at the Effingham exit for some food. I came across the resaturant and decided to give it try. Service was super polite and attentive! I ordered the burrito platter and loved it! I even purchased a carryout order for sometime later that day! Will come again!

• Visited September 2011