“Awesome Italian without going all the way to Italy!”
Review of Bella Milano

Bella Milano
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Edwardsville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bella Milano offers contemporary Italian with old world flavor. We have full lunch and dinner menus along with great party planning options, private rooms, and a full catering department for you convenience. Join us for date night, family night, or cocktails with friends. Bella is perfect for any occasion!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great lunch!
Was busy at lunch because its so good- worth the wait if you have a wait a bit. The bar was pretty open to sit in. The Milano salad is yummy with prosciutto ham and special cheeses!!! I also had the Ravioli for the main dish and that was the perfect serving.
Clean restaurant and bathrooms. Friendly and knowledgeable staff! I can't wait for what I try there next!! I totally recommend!
They have a lovely patio and private room you could rent.

1  Thank chelsmorg

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The St. Louis area is a tough market for Italian restaurants since the Hill is only 20 miles away and has the best Italian food this side of the Atlantic. But if you take it for what it is- American Italian food you won't be disappointed. The pasta dishes as well as the pizzas are very good. The atmosphere and service are everything you'd expect from a place like this.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reasonably priced and absolutely delicious food. Beautiful place, two locations now, (Edwardsville is still my personal favorite). Try the Pasta three ways, or the Beef Milano. And don't skip the House salad...its got bacon!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I WOULD AVOID THIS RESTAURANT LIKE THE PLAGUE...THEY ARE MORE INTERESTED IN MOVING YOU ALONG AND GETTING YOUR TABLE CLEARED FOR THE NEXT PARTY INSTEAD OF MAKING YOU FEEL WELCOME SO THAT YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR MEAL. ATMOSPHERE WAS BLAND...FOOD IS WAYYYYYYY OVER-PRICED (SPECIALS ARE A VIRTUAL RIP OFF PRICE-WISE AND THE SALADS ARE BROWN & WILTY) AND THE MANAGEMENT IS CURT AND UNPOLISHED. Let me explain...We went to Bella Milano to celebrate my son's birthday and were immediately taken aback by the Manager, who asked that we uproot our entire party of 10 because someone else had requested our table. We too had reservations and were already into our appetizer and drinks portion of the meal. When we said that we would prefer to stay put, he continued to say that this group had a "30th birthday party and that they wanted the table". He proceeded to insult us by saying that the general dine time is 1.5 hours, which might be a problem b/c our entire party wasn't there (we were waiting on 2 who showed up immediately after his dissertation). When we again said we would like to stay put he stomped off (and I mean he didn't say "that's fine"; "no problem"; "we'll work around it"; etc.). Now we felt rushed and were quite uncomfortable. First of all, that should have been handled behind closed doors...we should NEVER have been confronted like that! We spent a substantial amount of money in there and didn't deserve to be treated the way we were. After that exchange, our meal was moved along at lightning speed...entrees were served while our salads were still on the table...we were asked if we wanted coffee while we were still eating etc. When I confronted him after our meal and told him that it was inappropriate for him to approach us that way, he said that we were short with him (we simply told him "no") and that's why he behaved so rudely to us. I reminded him that the customer is not suppose to make management feel better--that wasn't our job; his job was to make us feel amazing because we were in his establishment etc. He NEVER apologized for his behavior or the fact that he dampened the mood of our group--from the point that he confronted us we felt rushed and unwelcomed...as I said earlier...SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A PLACE THAT IS WORTH THE PRICE AND ONE THAT APPRECIATES ITS' CUSTOMERS!!!!

1  Thank 13DISAPPOINTED
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very large menu with something to please everyone! Food is good, prices are reasonable for what you get. We go fairly regularly. Love the salad, but marinades tend to be in it, which has a sweet flavor, can get a bit overwhelming. Their crusty Italian bread is phenomenal, but please serve it with real butter instead of margarine--seriously, for me, this alone would kick my rating up! My husband loves the salmon.

1  Thank Cindy N