“Relaxing pamper break!”
Review of Roslin Beach Hotel

Roslin Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorpe Bay
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked an Endulgence Day after receiving an offer via email. For £69 per person we received a buffet breakfast, use of a king sized room, one basic treatment and champagne afternoon tea. (For a small additional cost you could upgrade treatment which I highly recommend!)
Firstly the hotel itself is beautiful, very clean, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome.

The buffet breakfast was nice, there was plenty of choice and it was always restocked. My only slight criticism was upon requesting more pastries they were swiftly bought out but still slightly frozen.
The afternoon tea was delicious, generous portion and everything was made beautifully.

The room
It was smaller then I expected and I certainly would not pay the full rate for the night (£180) but whilst planning the break I dealt with an incredibly helpful member of staff (Megan - she's amazing) who booked three of the party in for an overnight stay at a reduced rate which included breakfast the next day, fantastic! The room had a small veranda which on a hot sunny day was very nice. The hotel had originally planned to serve us afternoon tea in the room but there was 8 people in my party and none of us wanted to eat in the room so the hotel swiftly accommodated us in the restaurant with no issues. Lovely big bed with a pull out camp bed for additional room. One thing I would say is the camp bed could possibly be the most uncomfortable bed ever created. Be warned!

Spa treatments
The spa itself is small but perfectly equipped. The staff are knowledgable and friendly and the
treatment was heavenly. I felt like I
floated back to the room.

All in all we all l

Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had the afternoon tea again and as always it was a real treat! The welcome, atmosphere, view, location, surroundings, and service all enhance further the experience created by the amazingly presented and perfectly made dejection of sandwiches, pastries and cakes. I'd love to see the Afternoon Tea served on the sun terrace in the summer - that said it was still a fantastic visit and my friend is now a loyal regular after her first visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank David D
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Starting with the Owner Nicky what an amazing Guy, this place is his little Baby too. He cares for it with a passion and often asks how is everything if you have any issues he just sweeps around with his fairy dust and a smile, nothing is too much trouble.... I have never known anything like it in all my years of travelling to the best places in the world..
Then of course it filters down to the management Team Jackie Harris is fabulous not adverse to rolling up her sleeves in the kitchen to help out, she made the best fried potatoes for breakfast just like mamma used to make.
We ended up staying 2 more Nights as did another Lady who we met who booked for 3 nights and ended up staying 10 with her children.
The Staff to name but a few George Colette Zed,lea Corina and the man behind the Bar with the glasses?
Megan who runs the Elemis Spa is Great she recommended a Facial with collagen which revitalised me after a long Lunch was Incredible.
Going to book a spa Day/Night as soon as my daughter is Free?? cannot wait!!
Thank you Roslin Beach feel Great for it..
See you all Soon xx

Room Tip: I can,t tell all my Secrets now. All Rooms with a view of the Sea
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, rooms are lovely & a good size very clean & amazingly doggy friendly. We stayed over a bank holiday weekend, you hear the usual hotel noise, people moving about & going to the toilet, showering etc.. doesn't matter how good the hotel is you always get woken by something. As in every hotel I have ever stayed in the room was roasting, an amazing fan was in the room, but too noisy to have on at night & couldn't have windows open at night due to some road noise (light sleeper) & curtain thickness, which was a bonus on keeping the light out, with additional blind (you loose some you win some ;-) ) We were right on the front, sea view, we had a patio area which we used, another room does have access to it.. The breakfast area is lovely & if you get the sea view tables that is a great bonus, very relaxing. Breakfast was lovely, help yourself to cooked breakfast, fruit, pastries etc, all lovely. It did depend on who if anyone seated you to the service you received, some people were lucky & got asked if you wanted toast, tea, anything cooked to order, or not so lucky & kept having to asking for things. They did like you to have your money's worth by jokingly telling everyone that they couldn't leave till you had had all 3 courses, which was nice.The manager at breakfast was very attentive & chatty. Evening meal again was very good, all meats are from there own farm, in another part of the country (escapes me now where). The waiters were very attentive, our main server rushing to pour our wine when he saw my partner going for the bottle (drunk a little to much wine & forgot to tip, sorry, but then again I work hard & no one tips me, sob sob) we did have several people serving us, which surpised me. I did how have to send my meal back as it was cold & the chef did REFUSE to send my daughters meal out with mushy peas instead of normal peas, I know he probably has his standards but all he had to do was a dish of mushy peas, then not ruining the look of his dish. We had to ask for our side order of veg twice, so dinner did not go with out a hitch (we were also told we were in the posh bit for dinner, not the crazy bit!!! but then found ourselves in the crazy bit, didn't seem so crazy ( what ever he meant by crazy, not sure) On the whole we had a lovely stay, service on the whole was very good & we would return, not a cheap stay but a nice treat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

we stayed for one night and wish we had stayed longer, the staff were great and the room was beautiful. There was a large wedding party there which led to us being given a free upgrade to an executive room with patio, the room was spotless, the bed fantastic and the bathroom products were fab! The breakfast was very crowded because of the wedding party, but still very nice food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just plain good all round. My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in July. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very polite and attentive where appropriate. We would not hesitate to stay here again, but only for a special occasion as we found it to be quite expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights bank holiday weekend. It seemed to be the only dog friendly hotel in the area. I had tried dozens of other local hotels, none of which are dog friendly. I was thrilled when we managed to book this hotel and found the priced reasonable also considering it was a bank holiday weekend.

We were allocated a room in the business centre which are the rooms they cater for dogs also. To our delight when we entered the room, there was not only two stainless steel bowls complete with a bottle of water for our dog, there was a spottlesly clean dog bed and blanet provided which was just the right size ( I know know why they asked me what dog it was on booking). The room was very clean and comfortable and provided with tea coffee etc as well as plenty of bottled water and a tray of goodies in the cupbaord of bags of sweets etc which they did not charge us for and were complimentary. There was also a fridge in the room which was handy to keep the water cool. Although we were not able to take the dog into the restuarant, they provided and layed up a table in the sitting area and also brought out a bowl of iced water for our dog. The evening meal was excellent and the service was both professional and freindly. The buffet breakfast in the morning was faultless with plenty of choice and very well stocked. All the staff were friendly and professional throughout. I would definately recomment this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorpe Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Premier Inn Southend-On-Sea (Thorpe Bay) Hotel
Prested Hall Hotel
Prested Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Feering

Been to Roslin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!