“Spectacular!”

Rusty Wallace Driving Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Could not have been more fun!

Bought 3 additional laps in a ride along car before driving my 8 laps. Definately recommend ride-along and additional insurance.

Should preface my review by saying I have some on-track experience and have owned a wide variety of street cars that make almost as much power as the RWDE cars. Actual driving was really unbelievable. You are out on an actual track in an actual (though slightly toned down) NASCAR. Staff was great, especially in their emphasis on this being an ACTIVITY, not a RACE. The focus is on getting you to drive as fast as your ability and comfort level allow. Spotters were invaluable. I noticed some criticism of spotters in other reviews. If you have ever been coached in ANY competitive activity or sport, the tone and commands of the spotters will not be out of the ordinary. If you expecting to be coddled over the radio while making mistakes, then you might be surprised.

This seemed to appeal equally well to those with some track experience and those with none.

Did not spring for any additional videos or photos, but in hindsight wish I had the in-car video. Even if only about 75% of them seem to work, still worth a try.

All reviews
"ride"
in 8 reviews
"video"

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my second time doing a shoot-out with Rusty Wallace Driving Experience and it keeps getting better! The experience was well organized and the crew team made sure our group got to drive together. Each time I go - I come back wanting to go again! I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to try something out of the ordinary.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It didn't hurt that the weather was PERFECT for October, but, we arrived at the Gateway Speedway outside of St. Louis and the day just got better and better. We signed up at the trailer with 2 very professional young ladies, later had a conversation with the instructor of the class, (who was not very happy with the 3rd person in 2 days to crash in turn 1)then, received great information in the classroom from him, put on my fire suit, did a ride along, then drove 16 laps on my own. Spotter was super supportive, and took home an awesome plaque with photos of me and the car...Did not want to leave the track. Thanks to everyone from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. You gave me some great memories for life.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My dad and I did the "ride along" and had a blast! You gain a lot of respect for how fast these cars go through the corners. Next time I'm gonna have to drive.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, IL is fantastic and far exceeded my expectations. They let you drive to your ability and encourage everyone to get out on the track and get the most out of their lap time.

The instructors do a great job prepping drivers for the expierence and the spotters do a great job helping you stay on the racing line while out there on the track.

Get out there and race!