All reviewsst louisacross the rivercardinals gamegateway archnon smokingdowntown stlbusch stadiumnice stayrooms are largeriver viewindoor poolstayed one nightshuttle servicefree breakfasteads bridgehookupsskyline
Reviewed August 30, 2006

the only great thing in east st louis! we we greated by the valet,

bell hop and frontdesk. all of whom were excellent! the room

was nice and up to date with a view of the arch! all was fine til 30

min later. st louis lost power (except the downtown). the casino

queen sign went down. no power in the hotel. the pool was the

only place to be able to do something. the river boat was nice.

the trolley was right there! free valet parking and breakfast. we

were one night without power, then they evacuated everyone the

next morning and didnt charge for the nights stay! i would

definitely stay there again!

drawbacks: no cribs and you need to cross the river to do

anything outside the casino.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank oneeddy1
Reviewed August 24, 2006

I am on the road for 21 days. 21 days, 19 motels.
I am following RT 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, I will continue from there up the California coast thru San Fransicso and ending in Sacramento. From there I will fly back to Chicago. I will review my every stop on the way. I am Don on Route 66.

The hotel was very nice. The neighborhood wasn't. I wasn't sure if I should be comforted or alarmed by the extent of the security in the massive parking lot.
The room, itself, was excellent. Clean and comfortable! Like new! My only complaint.... I had reserved a river view room and ended up with a parking lot view room. The river front, city view room was the reason I booked this place. That OK, though. I wanted it for the great photo opportunities and the casino boat had an observasion deck with great views. I also wanted a "classey" restaurant meal before I continued on my long journey. I couldn't get in. No reservations. I settled for the casino buffet, which was ok. It was like a holiday at Grand Ma's.
If I were to do it again, I would stop here for photo opps and stay in south western suburban St Louis.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DonRoute66
Reviewed May 25, 2006

If you are a Craps Player, Casino Queen is the best place to play. There are 4 tables, two of which are $2 minimums, the other 2 are $5 minimums. The dealers are consistently nice and helpful and remind you when your favorite bet is down. If you tip them, they take really good care of you and even if you don't tip them, they are still very nice. Of all the casinos we have been to, this is one of the nicest. It isn't claustrophobic like other riverboats because you can look out the windows. You can walk outside on deck and see the river or take a break and play the slots. We have won more than we lost both in Craps and Slots.

We have stayed at the hotel and have nothing but good things to say about the staff, hotel, and everything else associated with this casino. Although it is located near downtown East Saint Louis, the highly secure parking lot and casino leaves little for people to worry about.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank 476pam
Reviewed April 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 days, and we loved it!

We were a little hesitant at first because we had heard that the neighborhood wasn't safe, but that's just not true! We felt very safe on the property (which is very well secured).

The hotel itself was very clean and well cared for. Our room was spacious and clean and had an excellent view of the arch.

The workout room was adequate as well as the pool. The bar was huge although empty when we went.

The casino was fun, although we didn't see any of thier claims as the "loosest slots" being remotely true. The drinks were only a buck, and the observation deck was very nice to relax on.

The only problem that this casino has is the staff. My husband was hit on twice by 2 girls that worked for the hotel right in front of my face. (Which while flattering, is totally out of line.)
The security officers were yelling back and forth to eachother in the hall outside our room as were the maids.
Although they were very nice and helpful for the most part, the staff is definitely lacking in any type of class.
All in all the trip was great fun, the room was very nice, but the staff is a detriment to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank BellaChicago_IL
Reviewed December 15, 2005

We stayed at The Casino Queen and had a great time. The rooms are large and spacious. Very clean with a large bathroom. They even had the premium Neutragena brand for toiletries. The beds are nice and comfy and our view of The St. Louis skyline and Arch were awesome. They have a free continential breakfast that was very filling. They even have an indoor pool that we did not take advantage of... but definitly will next time. YES, there will be a next time. The only thing better than our room was the $2500.00 jackpot we won the next morning after checkout. Go and have fun.

• Stayed: November 2005