First Western Inn(East Saint Louis)
$58
Indian Mounds Motel(East Saint Louis)
$55
Econo Inn(East Saint Louis)
$58
$49
Deluxe Inn(East Saint Louis)
$40
$110
$179
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsst louisacross the rivercardinals gamegateway archnon smokingdowntown stlnice stayrooms are largeriver viewindoor poolstayed one nightshuttle serviceslot machinesfree breakfasteads bridgehookupsskyline
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during the protests going on downtown. We were concerned about safety and security. Security is fantastic. The park has about 60 spots. It's very well laid out with all pull thru spots. They look like the all have full hookups. The security van makes alot of trips thru the campground during the day and night. There is a buffer between the casino and the park (large grass area and parking area). They offer a free shuttle to the casino. All the spots are asphalt. You can see the Arch from your parking spot. They are very spacious. The only thing was the train passing along the back. At night I couldn't hear it but early AM I did. This was not the park's fault. The price was over $50 but it was worth it.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 770MCP
Deana L, Manager at Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks about the Casino Queen. We agree our security is fantastic as well as our views of the Gateway Arch. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night as we were passing through STL. Room was very nice!! Clean, spacious and hotel was very quiet. Front staff were very friendly and helpful. Casino right on the property. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Deana L, Manager at Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We're happy you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind words to the staff. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

We stopped here in our RV to have lunch in the casino, gamble a little bit, hop the metro over the Arch, then back for a little gambling, maybe have dinner, maybe a few more tries at the slots, then head on down the road. As we pulled in to the parking lot, a security car immediately pulled in front of us forcing us to stop. He leaped from his car and In firm tones, shall we say, we were advised we would have to leave the casino parking lot (there are acres and acres of parking lot, much of it empty) and check in to their RV Park - - that's the only way we could stay and come in to the casino. Checking in to the RV Park would cost us $26. We were dumbfounded to say the least. Can't park in the casino parking lot for a day visit? NOPE. So, we went to the RV Park area and they apologetically told us, a) that RV's are not allowed on casino grounds and that, b) if we wanted to go to the casino, we HAD to park there on a site and pay $26. I then called the Adminstrative Office and spoke to "Deeni" who told me the same thing. She said it was a "security issue." I said, "Do you mean to tell me that just because I'm driving an RV it will cost me $26 before I walk in your door?? "Yes," she replied. Too bad, so sad. I pointed out the unfairness of this little rule, that it was possibly discriminatory, that it would drive RV'ers away, folks who just might drop a few dollars in the slots or on their tables on an afternoon. If I was driving a car, whole different story: pull in the parking lot, go have lunch, gamble a little, maybe see the arch, come back and have dinner, play a little more, then leave. I said, "Is that the case? Can that be true, if I'm driving just a car, I can park anywhere for free?" "Yes," she replied. Never in my life have I stopped in a casino and been told that I cannot park my RV in their lot (remember, this is an enormous parking lot with tons of room) unless I give them $26 and park in their RV park. Give them $26 before I even set foot in the casino. This was an unbelievable scenario. Virtually ALL casinos I have ever visited provide free RV parking. "Deenie" said it was a security concern. I asked what that meant. She said, "Those are the rules."

So If you're in an RV, keep going past Casino Queen in St. Louis, IL. They don't want us.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank scorahic

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you were unhappy with our day RV day Parking charge. There is a charge in the majority of lots downtown. We appreciate your input and will take it into consideration.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The buffet smelled good, so we decided to try it out, that was our mistake. Not much to choose from, the chicken tasted like the expiration date had been met. The dressing was soggy, squash was cold, it definitely wasn't worth $26. The cheesecake and the water were good. Disappointed. ...

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry P

Thank you for your feedback. We recently renovated our buffet as well as the offerings we provide. I will share your comments with the Chef. Sorry you were unhappy with your meals. Hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Nice enough place to stay......
Advantages:
1. Very, very convenient to all the things to see and do in St. Louis
2. Spacious sites - all paved.
3. Excellent WIFI while we were there
4. Not very crowded at all - and fairly quiet.
5. Free shuttle to the casino if desired - but not really needed as it is a short walk.
6. You can see the arch from the campground...

Disadvantages:
1. Terrible layout of the utilities - water/electric/sewer all at the very end of the assigned pads/spaces
2. Sites are not very level - it works fine - but you will need to level out.

Planned on spending four nights here - extended to stay 6 since it was so convenient.

Lots of trains running nearby - they never bothered us although others have complained about them. We never had any concerns about security although others have indicated not in a good part of town. We felt perfectly safe and completely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Deana L, Manager at Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your review of the Casino Queen RV Park. We appreciate your business and kind words. Sorry you did not like the lay out of the utilities. We have other sites that might accommodate you better don't hesitate to let us know next time. Hope to see you again soon.