WINNER WONDERLAND

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Very CLEAN RV park!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Get there early... the park office closes at 6PM (although security will help you after hours). I also had trouble getting to this RV park with my GPS... be careful... in a run down part of the city.
The RV park was darned near spotless... (bathrooms and showers too) security passes thru often and are very friendly. The trains... loved the trains passing very close by the fence. The view of the Arch was impressive! We just stayed for an overnight... it was a nice place!

1 Thank picnic42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the RV park with our family and had a fabulous experience. Everyone was so kind and helpful. The campgroup was very clean and the children enjoyed the playground. Security was first class. The trains were never an issue. We never heard one until 9 am on the morning we left. The folks at the casino gave us good advice on taxi service for the seven of us to get to and from the MUNY. We enjoyed the close proximity to the Gateway Arch and other attractions. The showers and facilities were well appointed. We were very pleased and would recommend this RV park to anyone.

1 Thank Terri C
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Large clean room with comfortable beds. We had a nice view of the arch on and downtown St. Louis from 3rd floor. Conveniently located next to the casino and serves it purpose. Not a family hotel. Must be 21 or older to stay at this hotel. Good hotel for a short stay.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I found this to be a very good deal overall. The hotel has comfortable beds and pillows, the rooms are clean and the free quick start breakfast is just average but a nice free-be. They have a nice indoor pool as well. This is not a family hotel as someone else mentioned. No one under the age of 21 is permitted anywhere in the hotel period!! The front desk staff are all very friendly! The property itself is in a poor location in East St.Louis however they do have a metro link train station on the lot and you can ride over to the St. Louis riverfront for a nominal fee. The parking lot is very secure as security patrols the lot 24/7 in vans.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the riverfront if possible for excellent views of the arch and Downtown St. Lou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

If your into trains this is for you. Metro to the north and freight trains to the east. That's the bad. Here's the good. VERY well maintained, extremely clean and security drives by every so often. This is East St. Louis

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank readyricky
Guymon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was a bit worried about staying in this hotel when I was headed to stay in St. Louis over night, having read a few unpleasant ones, and then of course the good ones. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the courtesy of the staff. We were able to check into our rooms a little bit early (which was nice after the four hour drive from the area we were staying first). We had an arch view room- which was amazing, I couldn't believe the view we had the night we were there. It was rather amazing to stand and simply just watch.

The casino was right there, and it was wonderful that it was a non-smoking casino. I myself do not smoke and I was definitely thankful that it was that way. It's nice to leave and not smell like a cigarette. We had dinner at the buffet and the food was great, the only real complaint I had was that the woman at the cashier's spot was a bit off putting, and bordered on being rude. The cash registers very clearly had the credit card logos on them, and when we asked about the card, she was a bit snappy about the fact that they had to have cash at this register and NEVER did she point out the fact that we could use the kiosks that were right behind them. We only noticed them upon our departure from our area. The rest of the staff, including our waitress did an excellent job.

Now for the things I did not care for so much at the hotel:
1. $100 deposit- while yes I do understand that things happen, it is a bit crazy that you have to give them $100 (which they hold onto for up to 10 business days).

2. The internet box for your laptop in your room. It was a mess to work with, and really why do we NOT have free wifi in the guest rooms? I'm sure there's some reason behind it, but still it's almost more of a hassle than it's worth. I knew about the box before we went, so therefore I left my laptop at my friend's place, she brought hers, and I know she struggled with the box.

3. The Breakfast- she had been told it was a hot breakfast and when we arrived in the breakfast area (no later than 7:30) everything was pretty much gone. I am diabetic, and in truth there weren't many options that I could have that weren't full of sugar and carbs. All I can say was that this was not the breakfast that we had been told about when we booked and that was a big point on staying at this hotel.

All in all though I will say that this hotel was a nice place to stay, I didn't feel like I was in any danger, and it was overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jerseyville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times. We have always enjoyed the view of the St. Louis Riverfront. The staff is very friendly and eager to help with any need we might have. The rooms are spacious and always clean. Flat screen TVs are great. An easy drive in and security is top notch. We Will Be Back.

Room Tip: Ask for West Side to look over the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,128 reviews
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 119 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!