“Safe, and perfect for families!”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the Casino Queen RV park for the entire
month of July while my 3 month old was receiving medical services at St. Louis Children's. We are from Houston and we didn't know what to expect with an RV park in East St. Louis, but we were pleasantly surprised to say the least. First off, it isn't really in East St. Louis...it's JUST over the bridge from a nice part of downtown STL. We never felt unsafe at all, especially with the security guards rotating around the park constantly. We loved the fact that almost all of the other people in the park were either older, retired folks (with super nice rigs!) or families with young kids, which is what we are used to after camping in Texas State Parks. We were close to everything we needed, especially the hospital. There is also a mini-mart on the grounds run by some very nice girls who really helped us to feel at home, and even cared enough to ask how our daughter was doing with the medical stuff. The restrooms were clean and the laundry room was expensive, but convenient. My 3 yr. old loved the little park on the grounds as well. We were there over the 4th of July and could not believe our awesome view of the fireworks show over the famous arch- 3 nights in a row! To say the least, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return when we need to come back to STL for the hospital. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mlaa1013

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in our Class-A Motorhome at the Casino Queen RV Park. We thoroughly enjoyed their location, customer service and overall convenience of the park to St Louis. One of our children and his family live outside St Louis and this park makes it very easy to visit them.

We have already booked additional dates.

Room Tip: Because the RV Park is on the East side of the Mississippi River, facing St Louis, do request a spac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Its not the Ritz, however the reviews are more critical than they need be. A visit can be tainted by some negative situation that may occur. When I checked in at first I thought the front desk was cold. The front desk turned out to be efficient, helpful and friendly. The room was modern spacious and had everything you need, except a microwave. Frankly, not an issue for me. The housekeeping staff was excellent and very friendly. The security was very high profile through out the property. In fact to use the elevators to get upstairs to the rooms requires a room key. There are no restaurants in the hotel, they are a short walk across the parking lot to the casino building. We had a good stay. If you are a person who requires frequent posterior oral affection, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: The river view is worth whatever you have to pay...priceless.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chefbigdaddy
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The two people at the front desk were super super rude when checking in. We arrived less than an hour early and they refused to give us a room until 4pm on the dot. My mom had booked the room and I explained she wasn't coming but could call if necessary. He rudely asked if I was married and prompted me to show him my ring because I had a different last name. He also said he would need to see my husbands drivers license. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this experience has been the worse. The breakfast was some year old-tasting Cheerios and some stale bagels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a couple of times before because of the convenience of taking the metro to the ballgames from here. This time we noticed they had a shuttle that would take you to the games. That part of the stay was nice. To let them do your driving and you dont have to pay downtown parking fees. The outside of the hotel is very clean. The rooms are nice enough but really beginning to show wear. The room needed a bit more cleaning. The view is very nice. You get a full view of the river and the arch and the lights at night. Felt like I was sleeping downhill on the bed. The foot part of the mattress was higher than the head. We did not like the breakfast at all. All carbs, sweets, toast, cereal...Watered coffee with no taste. Very unusual, coffee is usually strong in Hotels. Coffee creamer dispenser was empty. An egg would be nice. Just a hard boiled egg. Maybe a banana? I understand you cant expect much when you stay at a hotel with these room rates. But at a comfort Inn or suite they always have a meat and fruit and eggs. Oh, and if you dont get to b-fast by 8:00AM you have missed what breakfast they do have..We dont gamble so we didnt know they had a breakfast buffet in the casino. Wish they would have told us about the buffet. We would have eaten there both mornings. We didnt even know they had a pool or work-out room until time for us to leave. We were wandering around and saw them. Our biggest problem was not having enough towels and wash cloths for each day. We asked the maids if they had them on their carts and they neither one did. Not sure how you can clean rooms and not have towels and wash cloths on your cart. We called the front desk to ask if someone could bring us some. I figured they would gladly help out since the maids failed to leave us any for the second day, (even after asking them for some), plus not having enough for the first day.... The front desk told us they were busy checking in guests and that I could come down and get some...Say what???? I went to get them and the front desk only had 2 washcloths..They said they would bring some up in a few minutes. Why didnt they do that in the first place? If they would just leave 4 towels and washcloths for each day you would have plenty and you wouldnt have to worry about when you were going to be able to shower...very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Arch and the river. And, eat B-fast at the buffet in the casino.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had troubles at check-in, regarding the $100 deposit; it was really frustrating. But to make up for it, I was put in a room with a great view! I really appreciated this! I wish I had brought some more play money for the casino.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This casino was absolutely horrible. I was a first time guest and wanted to get a rewards card, just as anyone else would upon entering. The female at the counter was extremely rude and unprofessional. She asked for identification and I presented her with a Passport and she said this wasn't valid identification, and that I needed a state issued identification to receive a card. I told her that I've been to many other casino properties and I've never had an issue and she stated she couldn't do it. After a few statements back and forth I then proceeded to ask for a floor manager. She called someone and she was on the phone with the gentlemen for about 2 minutes explaining the circumstances and our conversation. Which by the way, if someone requests to speak to a manager you don't need to tell them everything. This only adds fuel to the fire. Manager came out to the floor a few moments later and I proceeded to tell him how I was treated by the employee and how she didn't want to process it. He stated to me a state issued identification is much easier because we can scan it and it fills all the fields out and we don't have to do anything manually. So I told him evidently you're telling me that they want to be lazy and not be bothered. He just kind of looked like deer staring at headlights and told her to process a card. She took my passport and proceeded to process the rewards card and she basically threw the card and my passport back to me. Completely unprofessional of her behalf and at this point I wasn't about to give them any of my money, so I asked to borrow a pair of scissors and she gave them to me and incur the card up and said I will take my business elsewhere and walked away from the counter.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Westin St. Louis
#20 of 122 in Saint Louis
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis
#77 of 122 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!