All reviewsst louisacross the rivercardinals gamegateway archnon smokingdowntown stlbusch stadiumnice stayrooms are largeriver viewindoor poolstayed one nightshuttle servicefree breakfasteads bridgehookupsskyline
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a couple of times before because of the convenience of taking the metro to the ballgames from here. This time we noticed they had a shuttle that would take you to the games. That part of the stay was nice. To let them do your driving and you dont have to pay downtown parking fees. The outside of the hotel is very clean. The rooms are nice enough but really beginning to show wear. The room needed a bit more cleaning. The view is very nice. You get a full view of the river and the arch and the lights at night. Felt like I was sleeping downhill on the bed. The foot part of the mattress was higher than the head. We did not like the breakfast at all. All carbs, sweets, toast, cereal...Watered coffee with no taste. Very unusual, coffee is usually strong in Hotels. Coffee creamer dispenser was empty. An egg would be nice. Just a hard boiled egg. Maybe a banana? I understand you cant expect much when you stay at a hotel with these room rates. But at a comfort Inn or suite they always have a meat and fruit and eggs. Oh, and if you dont get to b-fast by 8:00AM you have missed what breakfast they do have..We dont gamble so we didnt know they had a breakfast buffet in the casino. Wish they would have told us about the buffet. We would have eaten there both mornings. We didnt even know they had a pool or work-out room until time for us to leave. We were wandering around and saw them. Our biggest problem was not having enough towels and wash cloths for each day. We asked the maids if they had them on their carts and they neither one did. Not sure how you can clean rooms and not have towels and wash cloths on your cart. We called the front desk to ask if someone could bring us some. I figured they would gladly help out since the maids failed to leave us any for the second day, (even after asking them for some), plus not having enough for the first day.... The front desk told us they were busy checking in guests and that I could come down and get some...Say what???? I went to get them and the front desk only had 2 washcloths..They said they would bring some up in a few minutes. Why didnt they do that in the first place? If they would just leave 4 towels and washcloths for each day you would have plenty and you wouldnt have to worry about when you were going to be able to shower...very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Arch and the river. And, eat B-fast at the buffet in the casino.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had troubles at check-in, regarding the $100 deposit; it was really frustrating. But to make up for it, I was put in a room with a great view! I really appreciated this! I wish I had brought some more play money for the casino.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This casino was absolutely horrible. I was a first time guest and wanted to get a rewards card, just as anyone else would upon entering. The female at the counter was extremely rude and unprofessional. She asked for identification and I presented her with a Passport and she said this wasn't valid identification, and that I needed a state issued identification to receive a card. I told her that I've been to many other casino properties and I've never had an issue and she stated she couldn't do it. After a few statements back and forth I then proceeded to ask for a floor manager. She called someone and she was on the phone with the gentlemen for about 2 minutes explaining the circumstances and our conversation. Which by the way, if someone requests to speak to a manager you don't need to tell them everything. This only adds fuel to the fire. Manager came out to the floor a few moments later and I proceeded to tell him how I was treated by the employee and how she didn't want to process it. He stated to me a state issued identification is much easier because we can scan it and it fills all the fields out and we don't have to do anything manually. So I told him evidently you're telling me that they want to be lazy and not be bothered. He just kind of looked like deer staring at headlights and told her to process a card. She took my passport and proceeded to process the rewards card and she basically threw the card and my passport back to me. Completely unprofessional of her behalf and at this point I wasn't about to give them any of my money, so I asked to borrow a pair of scissors and she gave them to me and incur the card up and said I will take my business elsewhere and walked away from the counter.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Disappointed that continental breakfast (cereal, bagels) shut down at 8 a.m. Unfortunate if you gambled at their casino into the morning hours. No wi-fi in room, only lobby. Casino sports bar had great to-go food but no utensils to eat with. They suggested getting silverware from another restaurant on site. Nice room though! No AARP discounts on holidays or weekends, rude.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In general, the hotel worked well as a low cost option, with close access to downtown St Louis. The staff on reception take a bit of time to warm up, but if you are friendly and outgoing to them, they are great fun and as accommodating as possible. The rooms are perfectly nice and spacious and the amenities at the hotel are reasonable - breakfast is fine, if not glamorous. The only drawbacks are the lack of WIFI in the rooms - not even an option to pay for it. Also, East St Louis feels very sketchy. While the casino is right on the river and away from most of the dangerous parts of the city, I still felt a little insecure every time I came back to the hotel - although the hotel staff do try to do everything to make you feel comfortable. Overall, a decent experience and good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business