All reviewsst louisacross the rivercardinals gamegateway archnon smokingdowntown stlbusch stadiumnice stayrooms are largeriver viewindoor poolstayed one nightshuttle servicefree breakfasteads bridgehookupsskyline
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This casino was absolutely horrible. I was a first time guest and wanted to get a rewards card, just as anyone else would upon entering. The female at the counter was extremely rude and unprofessional. She asked for identification and I presented her with a Passport and she said this wasn't valid identification, and that I needed a state issued identification to receive a card. I told her that I've been to many other casino properties and I've never had an issue and she stated she couldn't do it. After a few statements back and forth I then proceeded to ask for a floor manager. She called someone and she was on the phone with the gentlemen for about 2 minutes explaining the circumstances and our conversation. Which by the way, if someone requests to speak to a manager you don't need to tell them everything. This only adds fuel to the fire. Manager came out to the floor a few moments later and I proceeded to tell him how I was treated by the employee and how she didn't want to process it. He stated to me a state issued identification is much easier because we can scan it and it fills all the fields out and we don't have to do anything manually. So I told him evidently you're telling me that they want to be lazy and not be bothered. He just kind of looked like deer staring at headlights and told her to process a card. She took my passport and proceeded to process the rewards card and she basically threw the card and my passport back to me. Completely unprofessional of her behalf and at this point I wasn't about to give them any of my money, so I asked to borrow a pair of scissors and she gave them to me and incur the card up and said I will take my business elsewhere and walked away from the counter.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Disappointed that continental breakfast (cereal, bagels) shut down at 8 a.m. Unfortunate if you gambled at their casino into the morning hours. No wi-fi in room, only lobby. Casino sports bar had great to-go food but no utensils to eat with. They suggested getting silverware from another restaurant on site. Nice room though! No AARP discounts on holidays or weekends, rude.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In general, the hotel worked well as a low cost option, with close access to downtown St Louis. The staff on reception take a bit of time to warm up, but if you are friendly and outgoing to them, they are great fun and as accommodating as possible. The rooms are perfectly nice and spacious and the amenities at the hotel are reasonable - breakfast is fine, if not glamorous. The only drawbacks are the lack of WIFI in the rooms - not even an option to pay for it. Also, East St Louis feels very sketchy. While the casino is right on the river and away from most of the dangerous parts of the city, I still felt a little insecure every time I came back to the hotel - although the hotel staff do try to do everything to make you feel comfortable. Overall, a decent experience and good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've seen others complain about the breakfast here, and I admit it wasn't much, but other than that, this hotel was great. It is across the river from downtown but it's right next to a Metro Train station so it only takes a few minutes to get into the city. The rooms are clean, the staff was friendly, and the casino was just my style (that being not too big, and it had $5 tables available every time we went there). The price was much cheaper than most of the other hotels I searched for in the downtown area. We didn't have a car for our visit to St. Louis, but that wasn't a problem because of the metro stop located across the parking lot from the Casino Queen hotel. Very happy with the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed one night during a small roadtrip. The casino/hotel is in a easily accessible location, right across the Mississippi and had a great view of the Arch and downtown from the room. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The point of the trip was to take on a Cardinals game, we were easily able to hop on the Metrolink from the parking lot of the hotel. The bed was super comfortable and the room very clean.

I was impressed w/ the Casino, it was nicer than I expected, I really enjoyed how the casino was smoke free, made it easy to spend more time in there. Had really good success at the slots. I was a little disappointed that all the dinning options were closed @ midnight on a Wednesday night, however since the casino was only 1/4 full I can see why that's done.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends