“Very Good experience”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the Casino Queens Hotel and the front desk crew a=was wonderful. They were funny and very knowledgeable of the area and never had a bad attitude. My only complaint is that breakfast was only from 6am-8am. We had to get up early to eat if we wanted. Now it was continential breakfast, but that was fine with us. If I come back to St Louis I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jesussaves1

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when visiting family over Christmas, we didn't eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on the food but our room was modern and very clean. All the staff we dealt with were very professional and helpful which made the short 3 day stay very pleasant. We had a river view room which gave us a great view the St. Louis Arch. The hotel is perfectly located and very easy to stay here and explore without a car.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArianaR
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice rooms, clean roomy, and make sure you get the river view it's Beautiful!!! Only con, they want a $100.00 deposit on all rooms. Buffet not that great but all other restaurants in casino Awesome.

Room Tip: They also have Jacuzzi Suite which is Very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here two nights....the first on our way to Memphis, the second on our way home from Branson (same trip). Both nights were in a "Gateway Arch/River View Room"...however, both nights were not of the same quality view. The first time we stayed on the FOURTH floor (see photos), the last night on the 2nd floor, more overlooking the roof than the river, with an obstructed view of the arch. Because we had such an AWESOME view the first night, I didn't complain. The room held a comfortable king bed, one comfy chair, a desk & chair, coffeemaker/coffee, and a small fridge. The VIEW (night 1) was what made this room so very special. The light continental breakfast (coffee, donuts, etc.) was served from 6am to 8am--a little on the early side for us! The signage to find this hotel is very good and was much appreciated.

Room Tip: If you are paying the extra fee for a "view room", and want the same view, better request...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Pros - reasonable priced compared to other hotels across the river. Clean rooms. free continental breakfast. Great views of the downtown St. Louis and arch. Close to MetroLink
Cons - Very thin walls. Doors do not close softly so when people enter thier rooms, the closing doors echo down the halls. Continental breakfast was weak with only cereals, danish, and juices / coffee. VERY weak wifi.

We visitied St. Louis area for a recent football game at Edward Jones Dome. We found this hotel to be convienent to the downtown area and the dome with the MetroLink station just a short walk away. Even without the MetroLink, the dome was less that a mile walk across the brige. We found the rates resonable compared to the $200+ per night rates across the bridge. The rooms were very clean but you could hear people in ajoining rooms snooring, and doors slamming all night. Unless you are careful when leaving your rooms, the door slams behind you which is the cause of the noisy door slams. The wifi only works in the lobby, but even then, it was VERY weak in the lobby. My wife could connect in the lobby with the laptop, but my iPad could not connect. Parking is convienient, and we did not have any issues with previous posted security issues, but I could see how it may be possible considering the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to request arch / city view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I only stayed here because everything in St. Louis, MO was booked due to a Joyce Meyer Convention. The hotel was clean and newly decorated. I had booked a deluxe king river view room and got a nice view of the roof and the Arch across the river. The hotel was smoke free and kid free and was a separate building from the casino. The only bad thing I have to say about this place was the breakfast. First of all, it was 6 to 8 a.m.. Who gets up that early on vacation? I went down at seven to get stuff and bring it back to the room. There was a sign there that you're not allowed to take food back to your room. well I always take it to my room. we don't eat that early. All they had were some stale bagels, cream cheese, couple of donuts, childrens' cereals at an adult only hotel. the worst coffee. The pool was good. Convenient location. Easy to get around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beaverly1
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was lucky that all I needed was an inexpensive room with a view on the east side of the river for a traffic avoiding get away. Because that was all I got.

The room was spartan but new. The view was fantastic. And if you are headed east on 70, turn right out of the parking lot, left at the light and go under the railroad bridge, Then make the next left on to I-70 east. Piece of cake!

Unfortunately, the rest bordered on insulting. The staff at the counter both at check-in and check-out was surly. The rooms have thin walls and the doors can wake the dead when they close. Not only does the breakfast end at 8am, but at 6:30am there was no milk for the cereal and one bagel. Wifi is only offered in the lounge to the right of check-in. But it was spotty and I had to unplug a lamp to find an outlet.

If a casino is not in my future, I will only use this hotel if I bring my own breakfast and need a quick get away from STL.

Tip: You can get 4 bars by sitting next to the window. Tip to management: move the casino valet working 8/29 at 11p, behind the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. It was only $10 more when I booked.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kssylvester
Deana L, Director of Hotel Operations at Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your candid comments regarding your very recent stay with us. Our hotel located on the east side of the river across from the Gateway Arch offers a destination away from busy downtown traffic with absolutely the best views of the St. Louis skyline. I apologize that you found the rest of your stay insulting. I hate to hear that. I have addressed your concerns in regards to the complimentary continental breakfast not having adequate items. We now offer bagels, English muffins, oatmeal, donuts, coffee, juice and fresh fruit. After The Garden Room closes we offer a full hot breakfast buffet at The Market Street Buffet. We offer complimentary Wi-fi in our lobby and access in rooms by Internet Bridge. Our front desk supervisor takes your comments very seriously and will be reviewing you check in and departure with the desk clerks involved. The Maintenance Supervisor will be conducting an inspection of your room and ensure the noisy door is fixed. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travel brings you back to St. Louis!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Saint Louis
#95 of 123 in Saint Louis
St. Louis City Center Hotel
St. Louis City Center Hotel
#97 of 123 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!