First Western Inn(East Saint Louis)
$58
Econo Inn(East Saint Louis)
$58
Indian Mounds Motel(East Saint Louis)
$55
$49
Deluxe Inn(East Saint Louis)
$40
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$90
All reviewsst louisacross the rivercardinals gamegateway archnon smokingdowntown stlnice stayrooms are largeriver viewindoor poolstayed one nightshuttle serviceslot machinesfree breakfasteads bridgehookupsskyline
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a 5 day, 4 night stay at Casino Queen. After booking on expedia THEN reading reviews about E. St. Louis, we were considering canceling and losing our money. That would have been a huge mistake! The casino and hotel were very nice! The parking lot was very well lit and very safe. We felt completely comfortable! Everyone who we met that worked at the casino and hotel were EXTREMELY nice and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mtouchstone
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We met some friends here after we all purchased a coupon on Living Social. We were a little hesitant based on the neighborhood, but the grounds, hotel and casino were all very nice. VERY comfortable beds, which is a big deal for me since that can be kind of a gamble w/ hotels. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful and the Casino was the 1st one I've ever been in that didn't make my eyes burn which was a pleasant surprise. Only downfall would be the restaurant. The food was excellent, but our waiter seemed to have other things on his mind. He appeared distracted and often had to be asked twice for things. The table next to us would have died of dehydration if they had been dependent on him for water. Still he was friendly enough as was just about everyone we met in St, Louis.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Penjewels_11
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here with a Living Social escape deal and feel that we got a good value for our money. The room was clean and comfortable, though it did seem to smell slightly of stale cigarettes upon our arrival. (I think the hotel is supposed to be non-smoking. We really only noticed it when we first walked in, and I do tend to be a little odor-sensitive with hotels.) We stayed in a Deluxe Spa room, which had a jacuzzi tub and overlooked the river and downtown St. Louis skyline. The view was good except for the roof and train tracks fronting the river on the Illinois side. The room was a good size and had a minifridge. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was roomy with plenty of counter space and a shower big enough for two (but no seat or tub). We were glad for the jacuzzi tub because the hotel itself has only a small pool--no hot tub there that we could see. Our only real complaint about the room was that the walls were very thin. We could hear that our neighbors were watching Fox News on TV... and what was happening in their bathroom. (You should also know that no one under 21 is allowed to stay in the hotel... definitely not a family place.)

It was very confusing getting to the hotel coming from the west on the interstate, but the location was really convenient for downtown once we were there. The metro is just across the parking lot. We found that a walk across the Eads Bridge was a nice way to get some exercise and avoid dealing with parking altogether. (We made it from the hotel to Busch Stadium in about 25 min. at a brisk walk.) You can drive across the bridge too of course--MUCH easier than the bridge for the interstate!

If you plan to hang around the hotel and/or casino, you'll be a bit limited with the food options. All the restaurants are in the casino. With our deal, we ate at the Prime Steakhouse for dinner a couple times (which was very good) and at the Market Street Buffet for breakfast (which was okay--skip everything else and go for the omelet station or the breakfast pizza). We didn't try the lounge or the deli.

We didn't have any issues with security. We saw the security vehicles in the parking lot frequently, and we didn't feel unsafe or have trouble with our car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SunburnMama
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after visiting family down south and found the hotel to be modern, clean and well appointed. I travel a lot, so I feel I have an open mind to what to expect at most hotels. We arrived about 2:30p.m. (check in was at 3), hoping our room was ready, and thankfully it was. We had a view of downtown St Louis and the arch which was very beautiful! The staff was very friendly and greeted us each time we walked in the front door. We ate at the sports bar, Seven, which is very nicely appointed and classy. Our waitress was pleasant, although wasn't very knowledgeable of their menu and did mess up my order. She apologized and made it good, however, so all was well. The only part about our room that was inconvenient was that when the AC was on in the room, it is so loud that you can't hear over it, needless to say, we had to turn up the TV to hear it over the AC. When we got up the next morning, we were curious as to where to get some breakfast (our fault that we didn't ask sooner), and my husband went down to ask, but the lady at the desk said the free continental breakfast was over at 8 am...in the future, I would suggest the front desk tell guests about the breakfast and serving time upon check in...we didn't even know there was one available until it was too late. We thought 8 am was quite early to end breakfast, especially on weekends!
Finally, my husband forgot 2 of his shirts in the room, and when we got home we promptly called the hotel and housekeeping checked and they had found them. They are having security contact us to arrange shipping them back to us. We appreciate their honesty and taking the time to look for them and get them returned to us. Overall, a nice, clean hotel...casino was not bad..I won a little, lost a little...I felt safe in the well lit parking lot and with the hotel and casino security all around. It's not real big,but this isn't Vegas, and I kinda like it that way!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the downtown St. Louis side, otherwise you will have a view of the casino building wall. Also, ask for a room away from the elevator, otherwise you will be woke up from the noise of the late night casino-goers returning to their rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CentralLTraveler
Deana L, Manager at Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I agree we have the best views of the St. Louis skyline. I emailed you personally to find out what room you stayed in so we can have maintenance fix the air conditioner. I have shared your comments with our staff. Thanks for the feedback. We will change the check in process to cover your suggestion.

We look forward to your next visit! Thank you again!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel (which is adjacent to the Casino Queen gaming facility) is located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri (in Illinois). The rooms have two views. City view, looking at the Gateway Arch and downtown St. Louis or casino view, looking at the wall of the gaming building. (Hint-If you get a inexpensive rate, don't expect a city view.) The rooms are nicely appointed and spacious. The room I stayed in had a small refrigerator. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The city of East St. Louis has a poor reputation. Don;t let that detour you from choosing this hotel for a st. Louis stay. There is plenty of security on the property , and security features in the hotel. The Eads Bridge is located on the norther edge of the property. This bridge allows easy access to downtown St. Louis via foot, bike, auto or light rail public transit. Bottom line:If you can get a good room at this hotel there is no reason to not consider staying here if you are looking for a downtown location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple