“Friendly staff and clean room.”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
st. louis, mo
“Friendly staff and clean room.”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for work. The staff were very friendly and checked me in quickly. The hotel requires a 100 deposit at check in to cover any expenses and the fee is refunded upon check out. The hotel is adults only and you need to be 21 to stay or enter.

I had a 2 queen room which was pretty large and had a large tube and a nice view of downtown St louis. I feel like they tried to be a higher end hotel but on the cheap. The room was nicely decorated with a modern feel, but uses cheap sheets, towels, and shampoos.

My only major complaint about the room was they do not have Internet in them.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank volk04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bartlett, IL
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I ate at the buffet upon arriving. They had crab legs that were very good and meaty, rest of buffet was good. I recommend this buffet. I did not stay overnite and did not see the hotel. This was a Nice little Casino. I did well there which always helps a stay. Won about $1,000. If Iwere a local, I might make this one my regular place. Good payback percentages basesd on Industry puiblished data.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Kissed my husband at the bar in the casino, where you have to be 21 to enter, and was approached by a very unpleasant security guard who basically told us to "get a room". I find it slightly hypocritical that I am not allowed to give my husband a kiss, yet the cocktail waitresses are walking around half nude and it is a casino...hello!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank juliastlouis
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Loved the casino & view .. the hotel , not so much . The employee were generally un-passionate , not social , mundane and seemed bothered. They need to ditch the folks that are working there and find some with heart beats. Room was nice in size and style but dirty. Internet didn't work . No wifi , ether net with $50 deposit. They offered a "Continenal Breakfast"?.. which consisted of a bowl full of donuts some juice and coffee. If your thinking about staying here seriously reconsider it. I would also be leary of reviews on this hotel that have only 1 contributor In my opinion they very well could be ringers

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deadfreds

Travelers are raving about these East Saint Louis hotels

Indiana
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Highly recommend the Romance/Birthday package. Looking at the Arch while sipping champagne in the jacuzzi just can't get any better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Centralia, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I am writing this while it is fresh in my mind. For booking the birthday package, there was no incentive of casino money included. My daughter arranged this outing for my birthday, mainly because they have what they call jaccuzzi suites, but it was just another hotel room with a jaccuzzi tub. The tub is in the open right in the room, without even a privacy curtain, which is probably ok for a couple. The tub had a nice view of TV but was so loud you couldn't hear TV. I did enjoy soaking my old bones, without sharing a hot tub and water used by others. Shower located in bathroom was very spacious, and had good water pressure, bordering on a pounding spray, which also felt almost like a massage.
There was no doorman at 5pm, but we were traveling light, and parking is close and free. Staff checking us in were very polite, room was booked on a credit card, but they wanted $100 cash deposit at check-in. No explanation, and we never figured out why. Upon arriving in the room, it was warmer than we like so we turned on AC, took a call to desk later that eve telling them it wasn't working, for them to tell us it now was controlled by thermostat on wall by the door. At least 3 light bulbs were burned out. Also the upholstered chair had a stain on the seat, we joked about this being a "romance" suite, so we covered it with a thick towel. The biggest complaint was that there was NO MICROWAVE, called to desk and was told none available for use in hotel. We would have brought different food to eat late, had we known that. Even if they didn't want to put them in every room, they could have them where vending machines are at the least. Maybe trying to support the casino restaurants, but I wanted to snack in my jammies. Also price for buffet was supposed to be $12 but was $22 because serving crab legs, which we don't eat.
For those unfamiliar with the area, there is plenty of traffic around hotel and casino, and security is usually visible. High crime rate in E. St Louis, would not venture out at night off property, unless going to STL. Metrolink is at edge of parking lot and can take you into STL itself. CQ also has shuttle bus for stadium, etc.
The only reasons I would stay here again is if I drank alcohol, and didn't trust ability to navigate Metrolink, or because room rates are cheaper. My kids have stayed in different Hotels in downtown STL which are much nicer and maybe worth higher rates. For casino, will probably stay at ones on other side of STL.
As a warning, they do have a policy that nobody under 21 can stay in Hotel, not advertised. but they will turn you away, so don't bring your children or underaged wife.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
mt carmel
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I made my reservations in May to stay at the hotel. When arriving at 11:15 pm on a Sat night they did not allow us to stay because we have a 10 mo old daughter (who was sleeping). They do not allow anyone under 21 to stay at the hotel even if you do not go to the casino. We were not told of this policy when we made reservations. I asked if they knew of any other hotels with rooms and they said not within a 30 mile radius. So we were on our own. Ended up finding a room at 2am and paid $200 and the room at the casino was $75. I sent an email to them and they basically said sorry but we do not make exceptions. Please DO NOT stay here!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank lolowe24
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Saint Louis
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!