“Trip for my daughters birthday”

Super 8 Peoria East
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Kilbourne, Illinois
“Trip for my daughters birthday”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I picked this Super 8 for price and for the good reviews for an economical getaway for my daughters 14th birthday with a few friends. We got to the desk and were informed that our King suite had been booked for over a month by someone else, and even though I booked through the Wyndham site it went through. I was accomdated by a double queen bed, which ended up to be $10 cheaper, with a roll away, which was fine. The room was very dusy, and the tv seemed to have a short in it. I finally secured the cable connections on the back of the tv, good as new. The girl at the front desk was very nice, but seemed they had a lot of issues with rooms and another suite had a broken bed when the visitors checked in. The housekeeper we encountered was very friendly. The breakfast was soso, nothing special. Bagels, cereal, toast, and the normal waffle maker. Overall the stay was ok. Not the best, not the worst. The other people staying were loud and came in at all hours, so not really a "kid friendly" place. There are also no restaurants immediately close as per the website for this hotel. It states there is a Monicals nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
eposuper8, Manager at Super 8 Peoria East, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry your stay had some down sides .Our hotel is usually quiet there was a special event in town some kind of music festival. I was called about the noise and we did remove 2 rooms from the property. I hope you give us another try to make it up to you. feel free to contact me personally and I will make your reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We are usually reluctant to stay at any of the discount hotel chains because they are so hit and miss in quality and cleanliness. We can say without exception that this is by far the cleanest Super 8 (or any cheap motel) we have ever stayed at. We visit East Peoria/Peoria several times a year and have stayed at this hotel four times in the past three years and each time it has been spotless. If you are visiting the Peoria area and you want a very affordable hotel (around $60!) that is exceptionally clean and neat then stay here. If you want fancy surroundings then spend a hundred dollars more for the Mark Twain or the Pere Marquette.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick P
eposuper8, Manager at Super 8 Peoria East, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank You soo much for the kind comments i will post this for all to see . I am blessed with a great staff that really care.Thank You again
Washington, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had to move out of my home and had to stay in a Hotel for two weeks before being able to get into our new home.
We have pets.
This Hotel allows pets and they were great about it.
Nice and clean. Employees great.
Definitely recommend for pet owners.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank charlotte k
eposuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peoria East, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you so much, we were very glad you enjoyed your stay. We have realized that pets are a very big part of families now days and we are glad to accommodate them and you .
Bayern
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Super 8 at Eas Peoria is located right next to the Interstate74. The Hotel already had his best days but is still okay. Roomas are mostly clean. Rates are cheap (I paid 47$) and they have the Super8 free continental breakfest. Free WiFi is also included an the rooms featuring a fridge, microwave and working desk.
If you stay there make sure you get a room which is facing NOT to the Interstate. Especially when you are in the second or third floor it will be noisy.
For me it was a good stay and I could safe some money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank uglyone2002
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I spoke with her on the phone a few days prior to our arrival to change our room reservation and to book another room. She was very helpful & extremely pleasant on the phone.
The day we arrived, she was working the front desk & was just as pleasant in person. She was able to accomodate our request when I needed to change the additional room from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sue3321
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Went with my husband and another couple. We each got our own rooms. This was cleaner than another Super 8 we'd stayed in before. Our room was only about $50/night. I thought it was a very good value. Our bed was comfy and our room was spacious. My only complaint is that I would have liked to have had more pillow choices. We had 3 pillows and they were ok, but the ones that are firm, soft, etc would have been a nice touch. We did get a smoking room, so we expected the stale smoke smell, but the odor did almost knock us down when we came in the door! Oh well, at least we got to smoke indoors rather than out in the snow! Once we turned the fan on in the room, it was fine. Overall a great value, clean rooms and a quiet night's sleep. Great location, very close to Par-a-Dice, and a shuttle is provided from Par a Dice as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kiwibsr1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Had a great stay at East Peoria Super 8! Check-in girl was friendly and helpful. I requested a quiet room away from the elevators and ice machine. Great location near Water park, casino, restaurants on the East Peoria riverfront, and downtown Peoria. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends