“Still delivering the good experiences”

Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Reviewed January 8, 2013

While the Peoria area has many good hotels, this is my favorite. i prefer to stay here because they offer a comfortable bed in a well maintained hotel with friendly and helpful staff, all for a reasonable price. It is close to the casino for those who like to gamble but set back far enough that the casino traffic is not a problem. Request a room at he back of the hotel for reduced traffic noise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Upon arrival we found the location to be really good right on the river across from the casino, right off the interstate. The gentleman at the front desk was very polite and helpful, he explained our reservation and offered a free bottle of water. Our room was clean and the furnishings were up to date and not worn. Really nice for a Hampton, we have stayed at Hampton's on several occasions and this appears to be one of the nicer ones. Our room was a suite and it had two flat screens and nice decor and furnishings. Would stay again when in Peoria.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off, VERY FRIENDLY people on staff, and it appears to be well-staffed. No complaints there. My room was really on the small side, darkly colored, and had only a very small window....smaller than any I had ever seen in a hotel room. It did make it nice and dark for sleeping, though. They have flat screen TVs but offer no HD tv channels, so why bother? (a pet peeve) The wifi was fast and easy to use. The room was clean and the bathroom, while small, was well appointed. Another pet peeve: no glasses (just plastic cups) and no refrigerator. I thought Hamptons trusted us with glassware!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
traveleratheart48, General Manager at Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our guest rooms. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Thank you.

Cindy Harris, CHA
Hampton Inn East Peoria, IL

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice place right by the river. Room was nicely updated with modern finishes for both the bathroom and bedroom areas. Room was on the smaller side though. Didn't have time to use the desk area, but it's a desk/table on casters that can be moved around. Room was quiet, bed was comfortable. Breakfast area was roomy, with standard Hampton fare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just stayed for two days over the weekend at the Hampton Inn in East Peoria. I was greeted warmly at the front desk and given a bottled water upon arrival. Check-in was a breeze. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my room. Very nicely decorated and the king-size bed/pillows were oh so comfortable. Also, the room/bathroom were very clean. I took advantage of the hot breakfast, and the women attending to it were very friendly and professional. I had an issue with both of my key cards failing to work the second night, and the matter was taken care of promptly at the front desk. This hotel is on-site to the Par-A-Dice (gambling facility) and close to area restaurants and shopping, There was some traffic noise on the front/north side of the building from the highway.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling to the area. For the AAA price which I paid for the room, it is VERY comparable to other area hotel prices, and you can't beat the customer service!

Room Tip: Some traffic noise on the front/north side of the building
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to the Peoria area to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. The staff was extremely gracious by placing a small gift basket of snacks & drinks in her room and leaving a card signed by at least 8 staff members. Every time my mom left her room, a member of the staff wished her a Happy Birthday. It was so lovely. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked with both hot and cold items. The rooms were clean but we didn't have pillows for the sofa bed. A front desk clerk promptly brought a pillow to our room. My daughter enjoyed the warm, clean pool and my husband liked the gym, too. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone visiting the Peoria area.

Room Tip: We were in room 131, right next to the gym and pool...perfect for our family
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

To be honest, I vacillated between a 3 and 4 rating, but finally decided on a 4 for a couple of reasons: one is that I need to keep in mind that I cannot compare a Hampton to a main-line Hilton or Marriott and, as far as Hampton Inns go, it's acceptable (see below). Secondly, and primarily, the customer service is outstanding, almost to a fault! There was never a time that I wasn't greeted warmly, welcomed back, wished a good trip, or asked if everything was to my liking; they take their 100% Customer Satisfaction commitment seriously here, far more seriously than any other Hampton I've visited. They even baked more chocolate chip cookies for me one night when the previous batch had all been eaten!

When you find the building (you have to wind your way around the casino complex being careful not to hit the Senior Citizens who are streaming between the casino and the casino hotel), expect to find a your typical Hampton Inn from a style and structure perspective. As soon as you step into the lobby, you'll be warmly greeted by the friendly Front Desk staff, though you'll notice that the interior public spaces are a bit "worn." I have to say worn as I really can't put my finger on how I felt about it; suffice it to say, whether the carpets are dirty or whether, perhaps, it's just the choices of colours they used, I was quite underwhelmed and didn't have high hopes for the rest of my stay. Thankfully, that changed when I entered my room.

The rooms - or, mine, at least! - are very nicely appointed and have wood cabinets built into the far wall which make up the closet, a work space, and even some nice mood lighting. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log every night I was there. Wireless internet performed adequately, and there are plenty of lights in the room once the sun goes down. The bathroom was well lit, bright, and clean, though I have to say that the material used on the walls of the shower has these streaks in it which make it look as though it has been marred; in reality, though, it's just part of the material. Overall, the room was great and I was genuinely pleased with the accommodations.

In the mornings, you'll find your typical Hampton Inn breakfast complete with everything that you'd need to make either healthy or, shall we say, rather less-than-healthy choices, but everything is warm or cold as it should be, the whole area is clean, and the staff is fabulous! Pearl made me feel like the only reason she was there was to make my breakfast and to see to it that I had everything I needed to get my day started off on the right foot.

In all, though it stumbled a bit at the start, this Hampton finished strongly due, in no small part, to the people who work there and make it what it is. If I'm ever back in the Peoria area, I'd have no reservations about staying at this Hampton again.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the end of the hallway closest to the highway and away from the water. The traffi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
#9 of 10 in East Peoria

Been to Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing? Share your experiences!