“Excellent anniversary present!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Monmouth, Illinois
“Excellent anniversary present!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and decided to stay here because we have in the past and enjoyed our stay. We had just booked a standard 2 room suite with a view of the river. You can imagine our surprise when we were updated, by the hotel, to an executive suite with champaign and chocolate covered strawberries! We really enjoyed the suite and the large view was wonderful!! Will definitely will stay here again! Everything was great, breakfast buffet had a nice variety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent hotel with all the amenities you need. Perfect space for our family of four. We were close to everything in downtown Peoria. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and ample supply. The evening appetizers and beverages were an extra bonus! We'd definitely stay here again and again!

Eutawville, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The river view of the Illinois River was absolutely worth the $20 upgrade. I loved watching the sun go down while lying on the bed, looking out of the window. I also enjoyed the veranda that overlooks the river. Beautiful place. It would be great for a reception - lots of room. Geniuses put a Starbucks in the lobby. Slept quite soundly on the comfortable beds. I was disappointed in the pool -- way too much chlorine -- it made my eyes burn and I didn't even put my head under the water. But other than that, I loved my stay here.

Midwest
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wow, what a great party and fireworks display! The hotel did an outstanding job with the music, food and entertainment. Plenty of food even after the specified stop time. Plus the weather was perfect for watching the fireworks. The staff was extremely helpful. Great job Embassy Suites and the cities of East Peoria and Peoria for the fantastic fireworks display!

Edwardsville, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The entire experience - from check in - to room availability - to room cleanliness - to friendly service - was most excellent. I would stay there every time - the only hithc is this location has limited dates for AA & Government rates - which is always attractive to me given I travel often. I do understand that they probably base it on peak timeframes - but this is the only reason why I do not stay at ES all the time...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Secor, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I have enjoyed the "Red, White, and Boom" fireworks show for about 6 years now. This year we decided to book a room at the Embassy Suites instead of forcing our toddlers to sit in the heat all day. When we arrived in our room I was shocked to see that it was very cheap and small for the price (even the regular daily rate). I was willing to overlook this being as it was a holiday and we booked late. The inside of the hotel in general appears that it is not very well maintained or cleaned. When I reserved the room I requested two cribs (we have two small children); however, when we arrived there was only one crib. I had to delay naps and call the front desk to get one brought up. My sister was to arrive later in the evening to help tend the children during the show. When she and her significant other arrived they were told they couldn't park in the lot because they didn't have passes (they were up in our room with me) and had to park in the city parking three blocks away. This would not have been a problem ordinarily but my sisters boyfriend is handicapped and cannot walk long distances. They went ahead and parked in the city parking and walked to the hotel at which point they were not allowed to even enter the hotel (or use the restroom) because they didn't have the wristbands that are required (the wristbands were up in the room with me). By the time all of that got sorted out and my husband and I finally got to go down and get food it was all packed up (45 minutes before it was supposed to be). From now on we will tough it out on the riverfront in the heat as we have done the previous 5 years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amelia R
Tremont, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Peoria, Illinois has some of the best fireworks I have ever seen. Embassy Suites in East Peoria offers a night of entertainment concluded by the Peoria Riverfront Fireworks. The hotels hospitality was very good from the kids face painting to bounce houses to a managers reception, dinner and breakfast the next morning. They raised the price by $30 over last year, but it still is a nice evening. The hotel bathroom was not the cleanest, but everything else was good.

Room Tip: A river view comes in handy if the night is too hot to watch the fireworks outside.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Peoria
Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Address: 100 Conference Center Dr, East Peoria, IL 61611-9569
Location: United States > Illinois > East Peoria
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in East Peoria
#2 Business Hotel in East Peoria
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center 3.5*
Our East Peoria Hotel is perfectly situated on the Illinois Riverfront, located close to everything Peoria has to offer. The Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & Riverfront Conference center has it all, including 50,000 sq/ft of conference space. We offer an eclectic dinner and lunch menu with our riverside outdoor patio at the Riverside Cafe, and flexible catering options for you next business or social event. Stay in one of our impressive two room suites, featuring a separate sleeping and living area with a host of value added amenities. All guests can join us for a delicious coked to order breakfast buffet and evening reception, complimentary. You can relax and unwind at our tropical swimming pool area, or stay fit in our fully equipped fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites East Peoria Hotel East Peoria