We have enjoyed numerous stays at this facility and average over 60 hotel stays across the nation each year. In nearly every case, the East Peoria ES provided superior quality and service nearly unmatched by any other hotel we've experienced. However, our 11/22/2012 - 11/24/2012 stay in Room 401 disappointed us---not during the stay, but five days later when we followed up on with our hilton.com folio.
Each room apparently has two bottles of water, reasonably marked at $3.00 each. In room 401, there was a bottle on the "kitchen counter" and we noticed another in the mini-fridge--a bottle that was surprisingly frozen and obviously not something we wanted to use. So, we left it as it was and didn't think about it again. Clearly it should have been reported to the housekeeping department's senior leadership to launch an immediate investigation, but I digress.
Five days later while reviewing that stay's folio on the web site, I noticed I had been charged $3.00 for "BOTTLED WATER" and an associated $.24 "MISC-STATE TAX."
My expectation is that during the room contents validation process after our checkout, the completely unusable bottle of water in the mini-fridge was overlooked and an invalid assumption was made that the item was consumed or removed, thus justifying the charge. For such a prestigious location that has never let us down, this is a disappointment. $3.24 is completely trivial and insignificant to me---I bring it up to question where else the facility might be lacking in its attention to detail or hand-waving assumptions. Housekeeping? Food service? Security?
Final note, the facility remains great--even during the Thanksgiving Day/Evening/Black Friday period where there were surely minimal staffing efforts. However, having checked-out on the Saturday, I can assume there were no Thanksgiving-related staffing shortfalls.
To the East Peoria ES management that might read this, please accept my generous donation of $3.24 and contribute it to a thirsty housekeeper fund. I posit the "missing" bottle remains in the mini-fridge in Room 401. Enjoy, once the climate control is repaired and the frozen bottle has thawed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our East Peoria Hotel is perfectly situated on the Illinois Riverfront, located close to everything Peoria has to offer. The Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & Riverfront Conference center has it all, including 50,000 sq/ft of conference space. We offer an eclectic dinner and lunch menu with our riverside outdoor patio at the Riverside Cafe, and flexible catering options for you next business or social event. Stay in one of our impressive two room suites, featuring a separate sleeping and living area with a host of value added amenities. All guests can join us for a delicious coked to order breakfast buffet and evening reception, complimentary. You can relax and unwind at our tropical swimming pool area, or stay fit in our fully equipped fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites East Peoria Hotel East Peoria
- East Peoria Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Peoria
- Peoria Embassy Suites