Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riverevening receptionthe managershappy hourconference centermade to order omeletsgreat hotelfree drinkshave stayed here several timesgranite citybreakfast buffetfresh fruitbusiness tripomeletteshuttle servicewonderful stayin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

You get the usual perks expected from an Embassy Suite; Managers reception and breakfast, but this hotel goes the extra mile. They will take you across the river into Peoria where you can enjoy the night life and even take in a minor league baseball game. They pick you up afterwords. Was 2008 Emabssy Suite Hotel of the Year. Very clean and staff was supurb.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kentdan1
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stay here about 6-8 nights per year for business. Let me start by suggesting that you book early as they frequently sell out on weeknights as it is the best full service hotel in the Peoria area. The tip of the day is to pay slightly more for a "31" or "32" tier room. These rooms are located on the NE corner of the building and are triangle shaped rooms. This shape allows much more space for a guest to stretch out in the living area as well as an improved bathroom layout. The bedroom size is about the same. It is still only a 1 bedroom configuration but the river views from these rooms are fantastic. If you are traveling with kids or have brought an extra person that will be a sofa surfer then I strongly recommend that you ask for one of those specific rooms when booking. If not then make sure to ask if one is available for an extra fee at check-in time.

The property is in perfect shape and the staff is excellent. I recall one night on a trip last spring that explains why this property is my favorite in Peoria. I arrived very late at night and was still wound up from my drive and slightly hungry. The restaurant had closed and there were no vending machines for food. All I wanted was a quick snack before hitting the bed. It was pouring rain outside making a quick trip to the many places nearby more difficult. The front desk clerk (wish I recall her name) did not have any solutions. I went to my room slightly upset. She sensed my frustration and apparently went to the employee break room, found a bag of microwave popcorn and bottle of water and brought them to my room! Then she refused to take my money. That is just one great example of how this location concentrates on creating added guest satisfaction and is a great indicator of why this location wins so many national awards for guest satisfaction compared to other Embassy Suites.

I have been fortunate to stay at several really elite hotels around the world and wanted to pass along my appreciation to the East Peoria staff! You are clearly among the very best at what you do!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JP3CHICAGO
Reviewed August 18, 2011

we were very impressed with the decore, the atrium, and especially the breakfast. The room was beautiful as their normal but gorgeous 2 room suite with a river view. we were having a military reunion there and it was a super pace to do so! . However, two things were a nuisance: 1) Internet service costs $$ to have in your room, but I was assured all weekend, that it was available in the lobby, even thogh it wasn;t. I complained several times but could receive no word on when it might be avaiable, this after they finally admitted that there had been an error message Sat morning on their computers, that there was a problem. No one knew how to or when to get it fixed. 2) The pool, althogh very pretty, is way too small for such a big hotel. There were always many kids playing in it and it was over clorinated: we stood next to a wet family in the elevator and almost choked.
Otherwise, it was a nice place and again, the breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I took my four daughters here to stay over a weekend for fun. We swam in the pool, watched movies on tv, and had a blast. We forgot our toothbrushes and called down to the front desk to see if they had any available. Within 10 minutes, they sent up a staff member with 5 toothbrushes and 2 tubes of toothpaste! The bag that the fold out couch's bedding was in had a jammed zipper and we called about that and within 10 minutes it was fixed as well. The breakfast at this hotel is GREAT! Fruit, granola, eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes, cereal - you name it and you can get it. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room - really nice view of the river and Peoria!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed At Embassy suites in East Peoria to visit family. The staff is very proud of their hotel and will tell you. That says alot. The hotel is in beautiful shape and immaculate. The all suite rooms were large and spotless. The complimentary cooked to order breakfast was huge, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, cooked to order pancakes, omlettes, french toast, waffles, grits etc. The pool was large and the water was warm. Great view of the river.
The only complaint I have is that it took literally 5-10 minutes of running the water til it gets hot. I realize that it take a while to get to the 5th floor, but that's rediculous! Wifi costs $9.95 per day, which is a bit steep but there's a Panera near by and they have free wifi. We will definitely be staying there the next time we are in town. Also, I found out that this hotel was built entirely by union workers. Bonus!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mamaplanes
Lisa_Davis_AGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for the GREAT support and positive comments! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to recognize our property and staff! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Lisa Davis