“Very Good”

Tequila's Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #22 of 110 Restaurants in East Peoria
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been to Tequila's 6-8 times since it opened. We have always had very good service and food. This is one of the better Mexican restaurants in the Peoria area.

The food has always tasted fresh and has been well seasoned. The portions are nice as well.

Now on to my favorite subject... margarita's! They come in a variety of sizes and are so good!

I recommend Tequila's to anyone wanting good Mexican food.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We visited here after Mass on a Sunday morning. The wait to get a table was not too bad and we quickly were served drinks and chips/salsa. The salsa was good and the chips were multi-colored and warm. We ordered cheese dip which was pretty basic and non-descript. For some reason, our waiter kept coming by but would not stop to take our order. He finally got to us and we thought it would not take long. We waited, and waited, he apologized, we waited some more when after 30 minutes or so our food finally arrived. 3 people at our table ordered nachos and I thought we would have a large bit of leftovers; however, the portions were pretty small and the nachos were basic at best. I ordered the chimchanga served with rice and some beans and it was pretty basic and plain. I will give credit to our waiter who was very attentative and apologetic. The funny thing is we came here due to the 45 minute wait at Red Robin (open another one) only to be disappointed to the point we will most likely not be back. Again, hard to compete with Jalapeno's in terms of service food quality etc..

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am not a big Mexican food lover but this food was pretty good. The ingredients seemed fresh and the dish presentations were good. Not your typical throw it on your plate mush. We will be returning.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Was ok, typical Americanized Mexican food. Fast service and good salsa. Nothing to write home about. Was disappointed that they call themselves a Mexican restaurant had do not have tamales?? Ironic, don't you think??

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stopped for dinner during our recent Thanksgiving weekend road trip. It's a really big place and on a Saturday night was very busy. Surprisingly as big and crowded as it was the noise level was bearable. I had Chicken Fajitas which was among the best I've had in a while, the Chicken was really well seasoned and the peppers and onions were well cooked and most of all it wasn't real greasy and fajitas sometimes are. The accompaniments were excellent, guac was great. My wife had a taco salad which was loaded with well seasoned chicken and was very good. Service was very friendly and prompt for a Saturday night. Would definitely stop again if the opportunity arises.