New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Nice, Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is always clean, quiet and a pleasant place to stay. Their free breakfast is the best !!
The rooms well organized withTV guides, plenty of cleans towels and fresh linen.
It does seem the mattress in our room is coming to the end of its life as it was not too comfortable.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful -- at check-in, at breakfast and at the bar.
OH, and they have several daily newspapers to pick up and read.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lisbon IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Once in awhile our little family will just hop in the truck and go away for a night. wherever the wind blows us. Well this last time the wind blew us towards Illinois. We love the Stoney Creek chain and were lucky enough to find one in East Peoria. Our young daughter loved the stuff animal waiting on the bed in our hotel room (available for purchase at checkout) and the outdoorsy themed pool and hot tub. As always we were welcomed with open arms by the great staff. Hot breakfast, clean rooms, and wonderful staff! What more can we ask for?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mendon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at this location. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The conference facilities were fine and the breakfast and lunch were very good. The hotel is easy to find. It is located a few short miles from the casino.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Steve,

I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how much I enjoyed being a guest at your hotel for the last 8 years. You have a great team and a great property. The service by all was always fantastic and it really shows that you genuinely care about your guests.

Amber, Kristina, and Victoria were always attentive, pleasant, and helpful to me whenever I needed assistance.

Anthony was always there after work to serve me a cold beer with some conversation.

Eric always had my newspapers ready when I stopped by the front desk @ 5:30 AM in the mornings.

Edna would go out of her way in the morning to get me breakfast food as well.

Kristy, Jennifer, and Amy Jo were great hosts as was the rest of your team.

And finally you were always available to help whatever the issue or time of day.

You should all be proud of the excellent service you provide.

I feel like you all became a part of my extended family and wish you all the best!

Please forward this e-mail along to your owners so they know what a great job you and your team are doing.

Regards,

Mike

Room Tip: This is not only a great property for business travellers but families as well. The are right on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at Stoney Creek over the last 7 years, when I've visited East Peoria. The staff is friendly & the rooms clean. The breakfast is lacking, but okay. The bed wasn't very comfortable. We had a patio but afraid to use it due to the spiders. When we opened the door after we checked-in and got to our room (theme suite), there was a spider hanging over the opening (outside, at least). We killed it. The next night, another spider in same spot. There was a broken slat on window shutters. If you need dark room for sleep, this is not the place to get it. I have really bad allergies and I kept sneezing in the room. Perhaps mold? There was obvious water damage, ad the wallpaper was falling off the wall/buckling above the vanity and around a/c unit. The pool was clean (a problem in the past). The hot tub seemed more bubbly than 'jetty", but the dry sauna was nice. The housekeeper told my boyfriend ice machine on 2nd floor (we were on 3rd). The 2nd floor is the only floor WITHOUT an ice machine. ?
Would recommend this hotel, it just needs new mattresses and some maintenance and possibly mold removal. Don't stay if you have allergies.
Brittany at the front desk was more knowledgeable than the others I met, but all very friendly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear LittleFeet, I’m very happy that you continue to recommend our property and have been a steady guest for the past 7 years. We, of course, hope our relationship will continue. We want you to know that we will take care of the broken slat and the paper around the vanity and air unit. I assure you there is no mold issue, as we regularly test for that. There is, without doubt, plenty of pollen in the air this time of year and being in close proximity to a beautiful river, we constantly strive to deal with insects when we can so our guests going outdoors don’t have to. Spiders, like at home, are hard workers and can rebuild rather quickly. I can only hope that the directions to a non-existent ice unit you were given was a misunderstanding. Because you have been with us so often, I’m sure you understand that these were not the usual circumstances and look forward to your next trip to East Peoria and a stay with us with no negative experiences. Thanks again for sharing.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at multiple Stoney Creek Inns in the past and have always had a goog experience. I was very excited to find that there was one in Peoria for our quick visit to the city. We were only staying for one night and our stay was fine until the morning of our departure. I went into the bathroom and took off all my clothes to get in the shower. When I went to grab the shampoo, conditioner, and soap for my shower I could not find the tiny bottle of conditioner. My thoughts were just that housekeeping forgot to place it in our bathroom. I grabbed a towel as and called the front desk to see if I could send my husband down to pick me up a bottle. The lady at the front desk said they never put the conditioner in the bathrooms with the shampoo and we had to come to the front desk to get it. I was really confused by this. Why is all the conditioner held at the front desk? When my husband came back with it he said the front desk told him that people steal it, so they don't put it the bathrooms. How do you steal something you paid for when you book your room? These "people" aren't thieves, their customers! The shampoo and conditioner are a set!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Jane H, My sincere apologies for your conditioner experience. Your husband was misinformed about the reason we don’t put conditioner in our rooms. The fact is that we were finding most people preferred bringing their own and there was just not much call for it. We treat it like combs and toothbrushes; you need it, we can provide it, free of course. We will re-educate our staff immediately and re-consider our decision to not provide the ‘pickle’ you anticipated in-room in the future. I agree that it certainly wouldn’t be stealing and I am at a loss as to why any memeber of our staff would ever think that as a reason. Again, please accept my apologies as well as my thanks to you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stay here with a group 1-3 times per year for the last several years. Better service than other Peoria hotels that I have stayed at. Will continue to stay when in Peoria.
Close to bridge into Peoria. Very good breakfast.

Stayed September 2013
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria
#4 of 10 in East Peoria
4.5 of 5 stars 160 reviews

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!