Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in East Peoria
Galesburg, Illinois, United States
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Clean, rustic, AWESOME place to stay!!! This was my first time staying at a Stoney Creek Inn, but I will definitely return and recommend to all my friends and family. We had a King Jacuzzi Suite which a 2 person jacuzzi, fireplace, and a sofa hide away bed! The room was definitely worth every penny. The bed was super comfy and very welcoming!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Stoney Creek Inn located in East Peoria is a wonderful hotel. Located in a convenient location that is close to downtown, but not caught up in all the traffic. I stay there frequently when visiting Peoria on business. It is moderately priced, the staff is engaged and welcoming to all, and the rooms are spacious and clean. The rustic decor is inviting and feels so much more home-like than the high-priced, sterile mega-hotel chains. A good breakfast is offered for free each morning with a nice variety of fruit, cereals, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, etc. It's very comfortable.....I have no reason to go anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David A
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in a whirlpool suite room and it was very very roomy! (It was also cleaned well.)
The bed was so comfortable and the pillows were awesome too!
The room had a couch,, chair/ottaman, desk, fireplace, jacuzzi and a little kitchen area with microwave, fridge,and wet bar.

We also used the pool area.
(They have an adults only swim time and we took advantage of that.)
The pool has a indoor/outdoor pass through which was fun to use, as it was about 35 degrees outside and all the water was still comfortable to swim in.
The whirpool spa next to the pool was huge and very very warm.
A sauna is also available to use but we didn't try that.
Overall the facilities were very clean and the staff was friendly!
Only negative would be that the breakfast items vary (probably according to amount of guests staying there). I have stayed one other time during the summer and the breakfast choices were much better.

Room Tip: 3rd floor ( top) room was very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My friend, her grandchildren, and I have been staying at Stoney Creek for several years, while in Peoria to see the "Festival of Lights". Although we did enjoy it this year, we did have one complaint. The chairs, both in the room and the breakfast room, were pretty wobbly. They really should repair them before someone sits on one and it breaks.
The room was clean, although there was some dust hanging from the ceiling. We stayed in a bunkbed room, which had adequate space for us. The breakfast was good, except our last day there, they didn't have out the waffle makers. One of the children with us is a fussy eater and was very disappointed that there were no waffles. There are two different hot items each day. I think the biscuits and gravy is some of the best I've ever tasted. The indoor-outdoor pool was enjoyed by all. I like having the hotel located near the river, where we could go for a short walk. We are already planning on going back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We always stay here when in the area. It has the most comfortable beds and a warm atmosphere.
They have adequate parking for our boat and other equipment. They have a small lounge but no dining though there are ample choices within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trampsrus
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a memorial service and lucheon. The food and service was great . Check in was great i kept changing my mind about my room and the clerk showed kindness at all times. They had everything set up nice for the lunch everything went so smooth. the food was catered in but tasted great everyone there said it was great! The breakfest was nice only thing is i wished the had so scrambled eggs to go with sauage and gravey but they had other foods i just like eggs in the morning. so thanks to all that helped me thru my hard time to make it easier that day

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Cathy H, Thank you for sharing your experience, especially under your circumstances. If we in any way made your difficult time a little more comfortable, we are humbled to have been of service. We wish you happiness and good health as you move forward. Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and best wishes.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had my whole wedding party stay here and everyone seemed satisfied. The only issue we had was that there were no screens on the windows so when we were letting some air in (due to all the hairspray while we were doing our hair) the room FLOODED with these giant flying insects. It was bad enough that we had to have all 6 girls staying in the suite relocate to a different room. Fortunately they took care of it, even though it was late at night.

I stayed in the jacuzzi suite with my husband and it was AMAZING. It was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The jacuzzi was clean and comfortable, just like the rest of our stay. The front desk handed out the welcome bags we provided to each of our guests as they checked in so we didn't have to locate everyone. The breakfast was pretty good, but I wish it was available later. It closed at 9am I think. I just remember hurrying downstairs before they closed it. They locked everything up before my grandmother got to eat. It was overall a great stay. The cozy atmosphere makes me want to go back again and again! You won't find a better hotel in the area.

The only note I will make is that it isn't really setup for business travel. It's more like a cozy retreat style hotel right by the river. It's within walking distance from the pier.

Room Tip: The suites are tucked on the edges of the hotel so it would be unlikely to get two suites next to ea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria
#4 of 9 in East Peoria
4.5 of 5 stars 158 reviews
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!