“Great Place, Great Staff”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just hosted a 120 person, 4 day event and everything was truley amazing. Staff was outstanding, catering to our needs at 5:30am-midnight. They coordinated outside catering that was magnificent. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Get to know the staff
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I highly recommend this establishment - we just finished a 3-day conference and the hotel was so nice. The staff is fantastic - Steve, Victoria, Kate, Jihan, Anthony, Christina, Malynda to name a few!! The rooms are unique, very clean and comfortable, the food is good - well located, close to shopping, restaurants, etc. Thanks Stoney Creek!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and were happy. Last weekend was not as pleasant. Upon first entering our room, we found it under construction and in great disarray. The hallways and lobby were hot and humid. There were no towels in the pool area and the hot tub wasn't working. We are looking for a nicer place for future visits to Peoria.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Well located in E. Peoria just across the Illinois River from Peoria. A country western motif, with an excellent restaurant next door. Try the whitefish & redbeans washed down with a couple of draught beers. Hotel is very friendly, clean, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, and a great value. Highly recommend ahd would definitely stay they again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times when traveling for business. While the hotel is outdated , worn, and needs an update; my stays have been satisfactory. HOWEVER, an unusual issue came up on my last stay. My room was on the second floor, and had a small balcony with a partial river view. While working from my room in the AM, imagine my surprise when I heard a clang outside my window/door to the balcony to find a construction worker climbing onto the balcony!! I hasitly closed my blinds/drapes (I was in no mood for "company")!. This same thing happened on day 2. There were 2 construction workers, and their loud hammering for an extended amount of time, made work nearly impossible. I finally threw in the towel and left after 2 hours of racket. NOW, I understand it would be hard to schedule this type of work around a fully booked hotel (Little League World Series, but that's another story...thank goodness for ear plugs!). HOWEVER, failure by management to notify me that workers would be on my balacony was simply pure neglicance, rude and a breech of my privacy. I was fully prepared to voice my opinion at check out, however the young man checking me out had no interest in anything other than getting me out the door. So, I'm not saying I wouldn't stay here again, as it is a great setting along the river, BUT I will certainly think twice before I do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear junktrekker,
Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our management and staff for the inconveniences you describe. We are very sorry we didn’t find a way to make you aware ahead of time of the many possibilities. As you noted, coordinating a renovation during busy times can be challenging but that same renovation process will soon resolve your comment that we are little worn and outdated with all new room and public area carpeting, refreshed balconies, painting, papering and so on. We will re-visit the proper ways of handling your comments to our Front Desk team and thank you for your patronage. We certainly hope you come back and see us again soon, enjoy the improvements and never need to think twice about your future stays.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Check in was quick, the room was nice and clean. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dakotasouth
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our check in process was quick. We were VERY disappointed with our room. The floor was covered with stains. We had our dog so we paid an extra $25 for this gross room. We travelled with another couple. Their room had a clean floor but wasn't very nice either. The breakfast was good and the front desk staff was fine. The pool area was so hot it was uncomfortable. We have stayed at 2 other Stoney Creek Inns and this one did not meet our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brenda51104
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Brenda,
On behalf of our entire team, I extend our sincere apologies for your disappointment. We are in the process of re-carpeting a last few rooms in our hotel and I’m sorry you drew one of the few that wasn’t yet completed. We expect that renovation to be completed in early to mid August. Thank you for the kind words about our breakfast and staff and thank you for your past stays at our other hotels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Peoria
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
#9 of 10 in East Peoria

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!