“Skip the Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Decatur, Illinois
“Skip the Breakfast”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Our room was great . . I wouldnt waste any time on the breakfast though. The eggs were burnt and the sausage patties were as hard as a rock.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LAG1022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was attending a conference nearby and couldn't get into my normal hotel. Did a search and this hotel popped up at a good price so I booked it. The decor is different and nice. The room was immaculately clean, well maintained, staff very friendly, comfortable beds, free high speed internet, and next door to what may be the best seafood restaurant in central Illinois. They had an indoor/outdoor pool that I did not use but looked clean. I was there mid-week during the school year, so few kids around. They offer free hot and cold breakfast and have a bar in the hotel. One morning the hot breakfast was egg/sausage/muffins... the next was biscuits & sausage gravy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pk1363
Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Loved the outdoorsy Northwoods staging of this hotel. Check-in was easy and accurate although the clerk wasn't very personable or knowledgeable about the area-asked him how long it would take us to drive to Bradley in the morning and he told me 25-30 minutes (it actually took 8 minutes). Check out clerk was much better. Rooms are a little small, as are the beds, but clean, comfortable, and homey. Nice blankets on the beds-comfy fleece rather than stiff and scratchy bedspreads. Pool area was great-lots of space plus a nice patio out back and in front-the pool is an indoor/outdoor-you can swim under a wall to get in or out which the teens (and I) thought was pretty awesome. Hot tub and sauna as well. Bar on the lobby level but didn't get too loud, at least not on a Tuesday night. Breakfast was good-typical toaster items, cereal, and waffles along with hot items as well. Not a ton of seating in that area but adequate the morning we were there. Across the street from the river which provided a nice view of downtown Peoria and bird (and even a groundhog) sightings. Only problem we had, which is not the hotel's fault, is that somebody's dogs were barking/howling at 6 a.m. which is not a good way for me to wake up-I am assuming this means the hotel is pet friendly or else these rude pet owners were breaking more than one rule. Seems like a fantastic place for families or a convenient overnight for casino goers, or if you are visiting Bradley like we were.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Outdated motel! Uncomfortable bed! Too many kids around to even be able to use the pool! Internet so slow that its basically useless. Over crowded eating area. Rude manager. Me and my business partners will be staying at elsewhere next time we travel to Peoria.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Quite over priced for a place that should be called a motel rather than an inn. Bland breakfast and extremely over crowded eating area. If you want to take a peaceful swim or hot tub you can forget that also...children running wild everywhere at all hours of the night throughout the night. Wallpaper peeling in room,outdated televisions,internet so slow that its basically unusable,I saw bugs in my room twice in the 3 days I was forced to stay there. When I complained and said I wanted to cancel my reservation to switch hotels,they refused to take the charges off my card because room was booked 3rd party. When I asked to speak to the manager Steve he was even ruder than the front desk! The only thing good that came out of my stay is that my company will no longer be using this outhouse.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindenhurst, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The last time I stayed at Stoney Creek Inn a few years ago, it was nice. This time was horrible. The room we were in had the most disgusting carpet I ever saw in a room. Huge stains. The hot tub was broken. The "free hot breakfast" was an hot pan with biscuit crumbs in it and a hot pan with a little sausage gravy at the bottom. No one was around to refill anything. When I checked out I tried to complain. The person at the desk said the hot tub was working now. She didn't seem to understand that at check out, I was leaving & didn't want to use it. She said she didn't work the day before & was uninterested in my complaint.

Room Tip: If you want a better room, make sure you aren't in the older building, get a room on the newer s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 707carolyn
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have been staying at Stoney Creek for years with my college Forensics team, as a conference attendee, and while on personal trips to central Illinois. The accommodations have always been top-notch, and the staff has been extremely helpful in reserving rooms, setting up group spaces, and responding to special requests. My students have especially enjoyed staying at the hotel, most notably when our trip corresponded with a bluegrass festival and attendees were playing in the group spaces. Lovely!! The clean, comfortable, and cozy atmosphere with friendly and professional staff (especially Victoria Martin, Regional Director of Sales) make Stoney Creek Inn East Peoria a gem of central Illinois.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront
Best Western Plus Peoria
Best Western Plus Peoria
#5 of 10 in East Peoria

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!