“It's like staying in a log cabin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“It's like staying in a log cabin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Had a great stay here, rooms clean and tidy. Good location for where I was going and would definitely stay there again. Breakfast is not very good, basic and could do with some improvements. The restaurant next door 'Jonahs' has a great atmosphere and food is good

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank RichieDubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

We decided to take our daughter and grandchildren to see the "Festival of Lights", the annual event in East Peoria. We chose Stoney Creek Inn because some friends had previously stayed there and the location and price were good. The kids loved the pool, we were able to slip away to the casino nearby for a couple of hours, and the staff were great. The room were clean and comfortable. Even with a group there for some occasion, we were treated well and the service was good. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed for one night on October 24, 2011 at the Stoney Creek Inn in East Peoria. Check in was quick and easy. My room was on the 3rd floor and was very clean. I heard absolutely no sounds at all from other rooms or from the hallway. My shower did make a loud and annoying sound when I used it, but other than that everything was fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was our second conference at Stoney Creek Inn in East Peoria, and it was another successful venture. The staff from management to housekeeping was fantastic. All needs were met with courtesy and timeliness. We had stayed there a year ago and knew immediately we wanted this year's conference held in East Peoria.

Sometimes the sequel is never as good as the original, but this visit was as good as if not better than the first. The rooms are clean and the staff is wonderful to work with.

I would definitely recommend Stoney Creek Inn in East Peoria, Illinois. Try it, you will like it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the lighthouse room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed with this location and have had nothing but the absolute best service from the entire staff, inclusive of housekeeping, maintenance and management on both occurrences.

Let me preface this by saying that everyone has their own opinions and are completely entitled to them, however I find it difficult to blame a property and rate them lower for the fact that there are bugs outside or that the furniture is marred. That occurs in any and every hotel regardless of where you are. I have stayed in 5 star hotels who have had marred furniture! It would be a shame if someone based their visit to my home on the fact that when they went outside there were bugs or judged me because everything in my home was not museum perfect! With that said, let me give you my review of my stays.

When you drive up to the location, it does not give you a hint as to what to expect on the inside! It is basic in looks barring the entrance with is rather cute with welcoming carved black bear. The best is when you walk into the lobby and you are immediatley greeted with a wonderful, warm and welcoming fireplace seating area! The rates for each style of room are fair, adequate and comparable to other locations. I chose this location because of those very reasons. It IS NOT your “cookie cutter” hotel. I do my share of travelling personally and for business and this property offers a welcome change! The fact that the décor is based on assorted outdoor themes lends to the homey, cozy atmosphere. I personally liked the fact that everything is not the same. I have no problem with mixing and matching furnishings.

The beds are comfortable and always clean. The views are as with every hotel, some you see the parking lot and others you do not. On my first visit, I had a corner suite which looked out toward the parking lot. I loved it! I was on the second floor, the room was open, spacious and airy. There are blinds AND drapes on the windows so I had no problem with a parking lot view. The closet was an open space and there was a dresser. I do not entertain in my room so I have no issues with that. Everything was neatly stowed and out of sight so even if I did, there wouldn’t be any concerns. I have stayed in several 4 and 5 star hotels where the same set up. I did ask for a tour of the facility, which was gladly given by Victoria Martin. All of the rooms were open, large and different. Just fantastic!

My second stay I was in a suite with a kitchen as I was there for several days. This was perfect as well. Again, the rooms were open and airy and quite cozy. I was on the second floor and had a balcony. I had no issues with smoke smell, and I have to admit, I loved the fact that I could actually open ALL the windows (each of them had full screens) in the suite fully and enjoy the breeze which came through. No stuffy hotel room air here!!! The kitchen was adequately stocked with the basic utensils I needed. It was not my personal kitchen, therefore I was not expecting all the gadgets I have at home. If there was anything I required that wasn’t there, all I had to do was ask and it was received. There is one thing I have certainly noticed about the staff at this location. They will bend over backwards for you.

The breakfast area is small; however they provide a wide range of what I would call an expanded continental breakfast. They vary breakfast somewhat each day so you aren't always getting the same thing. The meal ranges from waffles, assorted pastries, eggs scrambled and hard boiled, gravy and biscuits, yogurts, fruit etc. You are also welcome to sit in the bar area a few short steps away across the lobby if it is too crowded for your taste. There was one day where I went down a little later, and yes the food was a little sparse toward the end of serving time, however the staff asked if there was anything I needed and got it for me! How many locations do that? I can tell you from experience not many!

All in all, this is an excellent location that I highly recommend. The staff is warm and welcoming and often called me by name as I walked through the door! This shows that they really care about you as a person not just a visitor! I hope you give this location a try, it is well worth it!

Room Tip: If you mention at the start of your reservation there is something specific you’d like they will do...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

We received a special rate as we were attending a wedding at the inn. Room overlooked the parking lot, curtain was torn, desk was marred and damaged. No closed in closet-just a shelf in the corner. Furniture didn't seem to match-some woodsy-some modern.
Breakfast was very average-space entirely too dark and small-

On the plus side- the shower and water pressure were great and the staff is excellent.
The wedding was beautiful.

We stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in Bloomington the next evening for the same amount of money for far more beautiful accommodations and an absolutely delicious hot breakfast.
I wouldn't saty here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jkcole55
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

While deco is nice, cleanliness was not so great! Bedding was very poor with thin sheets popping off bed every night. Got the best room and paid big bucks for the kitchen that was poorly stocked. Nice covered outdoor porch but reeked of cigarettes. Manager attempted to connect with me several times but with conference we never connected. At checkout no attempt was made to rectify or compensate for our wrestling with the sheets. Too bad because whoever decorated the place did a superb job. Too bad because we visit the area often.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
#4 of 23 in Peoria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!