Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Best Western Plus Peoria(East Peoria)(Great Value!)
$115
$102
$140
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Super 8 Peoria East(East Peoria)(Great Value!)
$73
Par-A-Dice Hotel(East Peoria)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
$109
$105
Motel 6
All reviewsrustic decorbluegrass festivalgas fireplacehot tubthe riverbiscuits and gravypool area isbreakfast roomrestaurants within walking distancewaffleshot itemsking roommeeting roomstayed nightsrooms are cleancleaning staffsoftball tournament
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed with this location and have had nothing but the absolute best service from the entire staff, inclusive of housekeeping, maintenance and management on both occurrences.

Let me preface this by saying that everyone has their own opinions and are completely entitled to them, however I find it difficult to blame a property and rate them lower for the fact that there are bugs outside or that the furniture is marred. That occurs in any and every hotel regardless of where you are. I have stayed in 5 star hotels who have had marred furniture! It would be a shame if someone based their visit to my home on the fact that when they went outside there were bugs or judged me because everything in my home was not museum perfect! With that said, let me give you my review of my stays.

When you drive up to the location, it does not give you a hint as to what to expect on the inside! It is basic in looks barring the entrance with is rather cute with welcoming carved black bear. The best is when you walk into the lobby and you are immediatley greeted with a wonderful, warm and welcoming fireplace seating area! The rates for each style of room are fair, adequate and comparable to other locations. I chose this location because of those very reasons. It IS NOT your “cookie cutter” hotel. I do my share of travelling personally and for business and this property offers a welcome change! The fact that the décor is based on assorted outdoor themes lends to the homey, cozy atmosphere. I personally liked the fact that everything is not the same. I have no problem with mixing and matching furnishings.

The beds are comfortable and always clean. The views are as with every hotel, some you see the parking lot and others you do not. On my first visit, I had a corner suite which looked out toward the parking lot. I loved it! I was on the second floor, the room was open, spacious and airy. There are blinds AND drapes on the windows so I had no problem with a parking lot view. The closet was an open space and there was a dresser. I do not entertain in my room so I have no issues with that. Everything was neatly stowed and out of sight so even if I did, there wouldn’t be any concerns. I have stayed in several 4 and 5 star hotels where the same set up. I did ask for a tour of the facility, which was gladly given by Victoria Martin. All of the rooms were open, large and different. Just fantastic!

My second stay I was in a suite with a kitchen as I was there for several days. This was perfect as well. Again, the rooms were open and airy and quite cozy. I was on the second floor and had a balcony. I had no issues with smoke smell, and I have to admit, I loved the fact that I could actually open ALL the windows (each of them had full screens) in the suite fully and enjoy the breeze which came through. No stuffy hotel room air here!!! The kitchen was adequately stocked with the basic utensils I needed. It was not my personal kitchen, therefore I was not expecting all the gadgets I have at home. If there was anything I required that wasn’t there, all I had to do was ask and it was received. There is one thing I have certainly noticed about the staff at this location. They will bend over backwards for you.

The breakfast area is small; however they provide a wide range of what I would call an expanded continental breakfast. They vary breakfast somewhat each day so you aren't always getting the same thing. The meal ranges from waffles, assorted pastries, eggs scrambled and hard boiled, gravy and biscuits, yogurts, fruit etc. You are also welcome to sit in the bar area a few short steps away across the lobby if it is too crowded for your taste. There was one day where I went down a little later, and yes the food was a little sparse toward the end of serving time, however the staff asked if there was anything I needed and got it for me! How many locations do that? I can tell you from experience not many!

All in all, this is an excellent location that I highly recommend. The staff is warm and welcoming and often called me by name as I walked through the door! This shows that they really care about you as a person not just a visitor! I hope you give this location a try, it is well worth it!

Room Tip: If you mention at the start of your reservation there is something specific you’d like they will do it If at all possible. For example, When I travel alone, I do not like ground floors, I let them know and I was always given a second floor level or higher!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We received a special rate as we were attending a wedding at the inn. Room overlooked the parking lot, curtain was torn, desk was marred and damaged. No closed in closet-just a shelf in the corner. Furniture didn't seem to match-some woodsy-some modern.
Breakfast was very average-space entirely too dark and small-

On the plus side- the shower and water pressure were great and the staff is excellent.
The wedding was beautiful.

We stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in Bloomington the next evening for the same amount of money for far more beautiful accommodations and an absolutely delicious hot breakfast.
I wouldn't saty here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jkcole55
Reviewed August 18, 2011

While deco is nice, cleanliness was not so great! Bedding was very poor with thin sheets popping off bed every night. Got the best room and paid big bucks for the kitchen that was poorly stocked. Nice covered outdoor porch but reeked of cigarettes. Manager attempted to connect with me several times but with conference we never connected. At checkout no attempt was made to rectify or compensate for our wrestling with the sheets. Too bad because whoever decorated the place did a superb job. Too bad because we visit the area often.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I have stayed here 3 or 4 times for weekend getaways, as we live nearby. I will say the first few times we stayed there, we were nothing but happy. Our room was always nice and clean, the staff friendly. Do make sure you get down there early for the free breakfast, as we came in a couple times 30-45 min. before it shut down and there was hardly any food left and no more coming out!

This most recent trip, we were displeased. We got a room one step up from the basic because we wanted more space and an outdoor area. DON'T waste your money to do this. One of the things I had loved in the past was the spacious bathroom and shower. In this "upgraded" room, the bathroom and shower got way smaller to account for a tiny bit of extra room in the bedroom area, which was hardly noticeable. We did get a ground floor, which we weren't thrilled about, so our outdoor area was a patio. We didn't even get to enjoy it because of the huge bugs that would not go away, so we essentially wasted our money on something we didn't even want to use.

Sitting outside of their bar area that night, we noticed a ton of huge cobwebs under the awnings of the hotel outside, as well as a bunch of lights with tons of bugs in them. It was disgusting. We hadn't noticed this on other trips, but perhaps we weren't looking. I also wish the bar area there would stay open later, so you could actually get a drink at a normal time.

We would go back because we had good experiences in the past, but know now that the upgrade isn't worth it. And hopefully they have resolved some of the cleanliness issues, which we did complain about on the comment card we left.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
ConcernFixer, Director of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Runner,
On behalf of our entire SCI team, please accept our sincere apologies for your recent experience. We really appreciate your making the effort to share your thoughts and thereby allowing us to address the issues you pointed out. We will discuss each of your points with our management and staff to insure that you and other future visitors will not encounter the same problems. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty. We know all of our guest have many options and it’s our goal to earn your confidence and thereby earn your return visits. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The decor is Northwoods ie pine trees,bears etc and there is always something new to see in a corner every time i stay here. The rooms are clean and big enough. I love to boatshape bookcases. Breakfast is free in the mornings but the dining space can be a bit smallish. There is a hottub and indoor/outdoor swimming pool. There is a bar and a nice private fireplace/tv area. Staff has always been friendly and i have been upgraded twice. There is a laundry room and a small exercise room. Out back can walk along the river and there is a boatdock nextdoor. DO NOT eat at the restaurant behind the place-it needs to be condemmed by the board of health. The Oyster bar next door and the spaghetti place up the hill are good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends