“Impressive”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a family wedding 8 hours away. The suites are beautiful, large and well furnished with a modern decor. The bed was so comfy with 4 pillows of various firmness embroidered right on the pillow case. Very clever! The bathroom has a vanity type sink with a granite top. The shower was hugh with great hot water pressure and fluffy towels just like home! Giant HDTV with lots of channels or movies including a printed out guide right @ your bedside. Only opened 2 months and it shows because everything is so clean and modern.Nice restaurant Johnnie's Italian steakhouse right on the premises. Good menu choices and well stocked bar! Our server Patrick was sensational, so kind to my 89 yr old mother.We laughed because she ordered a Raspberry Lemonade "dessert" which Patrick nicely pointed out was really a martini! She really enjoyed it! Alittle difficult to find with GPS due to being so new but a manager put the GPS findings on hotel website, which was a great help!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marge P
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently as a result of the terrible tornado that went through Washington, IL. Our house was fine but without power for several days and was getting pretty chilly, so we had an option from friends to join them at this Holiday Inn.

This hotel still appears brand-spankin'-new and is in fantastic shape. I literally can't think of a single problem or complaint I had with it, plus they do a lot of the small details right. For example, right when you walk in the door there are two light switches, one is the light right there by the door and the other is a 'master switch' which will shut off all of the lights you had on from the separate lamps in the room - what a great idea that I've never seen in a hotel before! The HVAC was quiet and responsive, beautiful HDTV with lots of channels and a channel guide printed right there for your convenience. The shower was fantastic, strong & hot, and the bathroom had lots of counter space (IMHO the most important feature of any hotel bathroom). Plenty of power outlets so you can charge your devices - seems like some hotels really skimp on this lately. Staff was courteous and the breakfast buffet had a nice selection of hot and cold items beyond the standard cheapo buffet breakfast (for example, made-to-order omelettes). Free wi-fi seemed fast when using our iPad. Didn't try the pool or fitness center so I can't comment on those. Lots of good moderate to upscale restaurants in the area as well.

Great stay, my wife and I loved it and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Like any hotel, away from the elevators will be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChemSteve
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Booked this trip with Priceline and got it for $87.00. The staff had a hard time with my resv. since I booked it through a 3rd party site. Maybe a little training would go a long way. I would not pay the full asking price of $129.00, since you really do not get anything that impressive. They should at least have free breakfast. It was a nice new hotel. The pool and fitness center were very nice as well. I would consider staying here again if I could get it for the right price again. The hotel website said it has microwaves in the rooms, but mine did not.

Room Tip: Make sure you use priceline so your not paying full price for this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler61704
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We spent the week in East Peoria, due to a death in the family. We were excited to e staying in a brand new hotel. I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff was so cold, rude, and the experience was so impersonal. The seemed like we were bothering when we checked in an out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Dave H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Please let me apologize for the reception at our front desk. One of the things we pride ourselves on at our hotel is our guest service. It is indeed rare for us to hear a complaint on our staff, so it is very disturbing to me that we failed to exhibit friendliness and warmth at the desk. If you would please contact me at the hotel, 309.698.3333, I would love to apologize in person.
Again, please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we indeed have a great staff and our hotel is focused on guest service.

Dave Haning

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We started the day out with the in house Johnnies Italian Steakhouse, which was fantastic, then the pool, which was clean and very nice hot tub. Staff was great and and hotel was overall very kept up. Location was right in downtown next to Target.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was afraid to bump against the walls for fear of wet paint, but seriously this place is that new! Everything was new and very well appointed. I enjoyed my room on the sixth floor it was very well decorated and I enjoy the new feel that Holiday Inn is using. Almost never had a chance to stay here but as luck would have it the Sheraton downtown was closed by a fire and the Holiday Inn graciously took in our conference at the last possible minute. Sabrina at the front desk was amazing and seemingly ever-present (MGMT, please give her a raise, she is worth it) The restaurant has a nice vibe and was a great place to grab an evening drink. Pool and fitness room are excellent, pool hours could be extended a bit for adults but oh well...

Comfy beds, very clean and reasonably priced... if you are coming to Peoria anytime soon avoid the stale places downtown!

Room Tip: High Floors have a neat view of the valley or the hills!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TK2012114
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel has only been open about a month, and it is impressive. We had a large corner king-bed room on the top floor of the hotel, and we were impressed. Comfortable bedding and furnishings, clean bathroom with a LARGE shower stall (instead of a bathtub/shower combination), and a good-sized closet. The air handling unit was not at the window air, but hidden in teh wall structure, and was quiet and efficient. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, but they did have some "being new" issues with their computer network.

I will definitely stay their again when I have to visit the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Best Western Plus Peoria
Best Western Plus Peoria
#7 of 10 in East Peoria

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria? Share your experiences!