“Avanti's Ristorante--E. Peoria, IL”

Avanti's Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in East Peoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Illinois
“Avanti's Ristorante--E. Peoria, IL”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good, reasonably priced "Italian" food. Part of a local chain of Avanti's that has been in business for several decades. Took over an old bar-restaurant. Have remodeled it a few times, but the last remodeling left the dining area fairly noisy. They eliminated carpeting and multilevel seating, and replaced it with tile. I'm sure for cleaning reasons, but the result is a loss of atmosphere and a noisier place.

Visited November 2012

Orland Park, Illinois
“Good Service”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good Service, Good Prices, Below Average food. I guess you do get what you pay for. My 16 yo son had Seafood pasta, which he enjoyed. Daughters had cheese ravioli, she also enjoyed. However the sauce on the Chicken Parm was so watery, there was water there was actual water pooled at the bottom of the bowl. The fettuccine Alfredo tasted like it came out of jar. Kids enjoyed, Adults did not.

Visited December 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Bland Ambition”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Avanti's appears to be Peoria's favorite restaurant, with at least 4 locations that are always buzzing. But if you want real Italian food, you shouldn't go there. Everything I have eaten in my two ventures to this restaurant is bland and mushy (e.g., overcooked pasta, no spice in sauce, greasy soft garlic bread). It is cheap food, I grant you, so I guess you get what you pay for.

1 Thank CarminaTN1
West Bend, WI
“Our grandkids recommended this place. Who knew? They were right.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our grandkids also recommend McDonalds, which, admittedly has its place. But we needed a quick meal after our late arrival in Peoria. We fell in love with the Gondola sandwiches, especially, as others have commented, the bread they use. I had a Chicken Parmesan sandwich which used the same bread and was excellent. My husband and I each had a wine, with the only choices being Chianti and Lambrusco, but when in Italy....

Overall, inexpensive but, excellent food. Our server was very friendly and helpful. Go with the kids. You won't break the bank and you'll have some fun.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank maybepat1
Metamora
“Love this place!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We eat here all the time. My family who lives out of state always wants to go here when they are in town visiting. Very cheap prices for the great food that you get!

Visited December 2012