“Stop on the way home” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
“Stop on the way home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very clean, quiet and comfortable but a little out of the way. Getting there and actually getting to the front door of the motel took a little extra navigation. We could see the place but weren't quite sure how to get to it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

John K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We were thrilled to see the ratings we received from you in regards to your recent stay. If I or any member of my staff can be of any assistance for any future stays in East Peoria, please feel free to call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of service again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Charles MO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a great hotel. Everything is new and they have put some real thought in this hotel. It is beautiful and the staff is so friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was fresh and the area was large. If I was visiting this area again I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Michele A
chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Double room was very clean, beds were overly soft and had strange slippery nylon coverlets, but sheets were fine, as were pillows. Breakfast was the usual fare. There are no sit-down restaurants in easy walking distance, which is a drawback at the end of a day's work. I searched and booked on hotels.com after calling the front desk for the 'best rate' and finding hotels.com was cheaper. Then discovered that the real 'best rate' was another 15% cheaper than the hotels.com rate! Will try one of the hotels in central Peoria instead, if I need to visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to thank you personally for filling out our guest survey and for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not find everything to your satisfaction. It is my goal to exceed our customer’s expectation and it seems we did not meet yours. I looked into your concern and please be assured that the issues you mentioned will be taken care.
Cedar Grove, WI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel had all the amenities we were looking for. Such as an indoor pool, in-room microwave and refrigerator, hot breakfast in the morning and a friendly staff. The people of this staff made our stay enjoyable, it was like spending time with family. The location is very good also.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

John K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Jason
I would like to thank you personally for your comments. It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations. We hope to serve you as a guest again in the near future. If I or any of my staff can be of assistance for any future stays in East Peoria, please feel free to call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of service again.

John Kueker
Best Western Plus East Peoria Il.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped at this hotel as halfway point for leisure - The hotel was clean with modern decor. The breakfast was excellent with multiple options that all in our family enjoyed. The kids enjoyed the pool enclosed in all glass.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to respond to the Best Western Plus survey. We were thrilled to see the ratings we received from you in regards to your recent stay. If I or any member of my staff can be of any assistance for any future stays in East Peoria please feel free to call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of sevice again.

John Kueker
Best Western Plus East Peoria
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just needed one night stay as a buddy and I were in town for the basketball tournament. The hotel was super clean as were the rooms. The beds were comfy, the tv was nice and big with hd tv. Breakfast was yummy (eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, toast). The front desk workers were friendly and kind. I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Caledonia il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We reserved this room the end of Jan. through orbitz as a Holiday inn express. When we arrived on Feb.15 the name of the hotel had changed to best western. When entering the elevator and room there was a smell like a cleaning solvent. The next morning we killed a cockroach on the floor of the bathroom. We then realized the smell was insecticide. When we complained to the desk clerk she did not care. I called the next day to talk to the manager, who was not available. I left a message and phone number, but no return call. I cannot get in touch with orbitz or the hotel. I will probably not use an online booking agency again.
Holiday inn probably pulled the franchise due to cleanliness

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello sir, we spoke on the phone less than two days after your departure date and within 24 hours of your checkout the room was inspected for bugs. They determined that there were not any bugs in your room. The cleaning solvent that you smelled must have been our cleaning materials that we use to clean surfaces. Other than the issue with the bug how did you enjoy your stay? Was the room in general, clean? We pride ourselves on having the cleanest of facilities and I am very sorry if you felt that your room was not clean. I'm very sorry that you had a negative experience at our hotel and hope that you will give us another oportunity to give you a better experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Peoria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#4 of 23 in Peoria

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Peoria? Share your experiences!