“Much better than its snooty counterpart in nearby Morton!”

Best Western Plus Peoria
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although this hotel is older than the one in Morton, it's cheaper, the staff are friendly and go out of their way to make your stay special, and it's just better all the way around.

It's only 10 miles away from the "new" HIE in Morton -- so do yourself a favor and drive the extra minutes. You'll be glad you did!!!

Room Tip: I'd say just about any room would be okay. Never had a bad one here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
John K, Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2014

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to our guest survey and for your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our customers expectation and we appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to give us the feedback.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Just across the river from Peoria with plenty of eateries within walking distance. Target and Costco are a couple of blocks away too. Best seafood joint is five minutes away that you must go to. Jonah's Oyster Bar and Seafood restaurant is a must do!!! Hard to find anything better.......anywhere!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in Peoria. The rooms were nice, the staff friendly, but that is where it ended. It was hard to sleep because it was noisy outside, plus it was hard to find the hotel due to all the construction taking place (that is not their fault, I know that). I have to credit the front desk clerk for "nicely" telling all the young kids to not run while they were coming back from the pool, it didn't stop one girl from falling, but he was quick to point out to the mother (as was I) that she should not have been running to the elevator soaking wet to begin with (the girl wasn't hurt).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Melissa T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit. I am glad that you found our rooms to be nice and staff friendly. However, I regret the less than satisfactory experience you had with the noise levels experienced. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is rather difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area. There are lots of shopping and restuarants near by. Our room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The city is very pretty when it is lit up at night. The front desk was very pleasant and friendly. The pool area did not have a hot tub; the pool water was frigid as was the air temperature in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear GeraldH35883,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. However, we apologize your expectations regarding the pool was not met. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is right off of an exit on I74 and US150 and it quit noisy. We checked in and went to our non-smoking room only to have the smoke smell wafting out of the door upon just walking in. When my husband went to use the phone in the room to call the desk to ask for a different room, the phone did not work. We were changed to a different room which was much better, but found that the refrigerator did not work in the second room. We gave up and stayed the night but will not visit this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: This hotel is just too close to the interstate if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear 4business2,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise challenges you had and the shortcomings you have encountered in your room. We deeply regret that negative experience and impressions you may have had.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here on business for a week as a solo traveler. This is just an average Holiday Inn, nothing special. The location is close to where I needed to be and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are kind of weird when you walk in, its the vanity area of the bathroom. I guess for families this may be convenient so that one person can shower while the other uses the sink. I found it an odd arrangement, but not inconveniencing.

The beds are in need of replacing, both of them in the room sagged in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I hardly got any sleep the entire time. Also the mini fridge froze my drinks and yogurt that I had bought. There did not seem to be any way to adjust the temperature in the fridge. When I got there, the light in the bathroom would not come on, but I called the front desk and it was addressed the next morning. The telephone handset never worked (it is cordless). When I asked the front desk about it, they said to put it on the charger... hmmm after 5 days it still did not work.

Other than that, it was semi-clean -- just a little mold in the shower and wear patterns in the carpet. No odd smells in the room I stayed in. I am pretty sensitive to smells too. Linens were crisp and neat. I was able to get the air conditioner to a comfortable level (nice and cold). I also did not hear any noise that would wake me up.

They have a free breakfast included with your stay which is ok (meaning its not a fancy resturant but good for a hotel). I like the options of having some lean proteins (eggs), as well as light yogurt. They also had fresh fruit and some diet cheats (cinnamon buns, muffins, etc). Coffee was good. I feel this is an added value especially if you have a family.

The staff was friendly and accomodating. I have another two weeks in Peoria and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear tripcasey,

Thank you for your candid review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast and found our staff friendly and accommodating. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay.

Connie D

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was average. Not real impressed. I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for a very long time.
Value was average.
We needed a suite with 4 kids and 2 adult. Room has an odor. Pull out couch was really too small for two kids. Bathroom was not vented well. Refrigerator hummed. Pool area was ok. Older carpet but not disgusting. It just needs a little TLC.
Greatful we were able to walk in and get a room.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear cplot,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if some items in your room didn't meet your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of their expectations.

I have taken note of your comments and we will use these to target opportunity areas. Thank you again for choosing us, and taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Dhan M

Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront

Been to Best Western Plus Peoria? Share your experiences!