“Night out”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Decatur, Illinois
“Night out”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is rather difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area. There are lots of shopping and restuarants near by. Our room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The city is very pretty when it is lit up at night. The front desk was very pleasant and friendly. The pool area did not have a hot tub; the pool water was frigid as was the air temperature in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear GeraldH35883,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. However, we apologize your expectations regarding the pool was not met. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is right off of an exit on I74 and US150 and it quit noisy. We checked in and went to our non-smoking room only to have the smoke smell wafting out of the door upon just walking in. When my husband went to use the phone in the room to call the desk to ask for a different room, the phone did not work. We were changed to a different room which was much better, but found that the refrigerator did not work in the second room. We gave up and stayed the night but will not visit this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: This hotel is just too close to the interstate if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear 4business2,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise challenges you had and the shortcomings you have encountered in your room. We deeply regret that negative experience and impressions you may have had.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here on business for a week as a solo traveler. This is just an average Holiday Inn, nothing special. The location is close to where I needed to be and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are kind of weird when you walk in, its the vanity area of the bathroom. I guess for families this may be convenient so that one person can shower while the other uses the sink. I found it an odd arrangement, but not inconveniencing.

The beds are in need of replacing, both of them in the room sagged in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I hardly got any sleep the entire time. Also the mini fridge froze my drinks and yogurt that I had bought. There did not seem to be any way to adjust the temperature in the fridge. When I got there, the light in the bathroom would not come on, but I called the front desk and it was addressed the next morning. The telephone handset never worked (it is cordless). When I asked the front desk about it, they said to put it on the charger... hmmm after 5 days it still did not work.

Other than that, it was semi-clean -- just a little mold in the shower and wear patterns in the carpet. No odd smells in the room I stayed in. I am pretty sensitive to smells too. Linens were crisp and neat. I was able to get the air conditioner to a comfortable level (nice and cold). I also did not hear any noise that would wake me up.

They have a free breakfast included with your stay which is ok (meaning its not a fancy resturant but good for a hotel). I like the options of having some lean proteins (eggs), as well as light yogurt. They also had fresh fruit and some diet cheats (cinnamon buns, muffins, etc). Coffee was good. I feel this is an added value especially if you have a family.

The staff was friendly and accomodating. I have another two weeks in Peoria and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear tripcasey,

Thank you for your candid review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast and found our staff friendly and accommodating. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay.

Connie D
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was average. Not real impressed. I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for a very long time.
Value was average.
We needed a suite with 4 kids and 2 adult. Room has an odor. Pull out couch was really too small for two kids. Bathroom was not vented well. Refrigerator hummed. Pool area was ok. Older carpet but not disgusting. It just needs a little TLC.
Greatful we were able to walk in and get a room.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear cplot,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if some items in your room didn't meet your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of their expectations.

I have taken note of your comments and we will use these to target opportunity areas. Thank you again for choosing us, and taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Dhan M
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night with our kids. The room was a 2 rm suite. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, bathroom was good.

At 3am someone checked into the room above us and we just heard EVERY STEP they made for the next hour. I complained to the front desk but the noise went on - and our little kids were then awake. Stay ruined.

The walls and ceilings in this hotel are just paper thin, poorly constructed. Never had that problem at the Hampton.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear mpaterso,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the beds and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Lerna, IL
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a quick overnight in East Peoria for business. The hotel was clean,quiet and the service was friendly. Only minor complaint is I wish the Holiday Inns would change their shampoo and cream rinse. My hair always feels terrible after I've used it. I do like the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk! Oh, and they had the coolest automatic pancake machine for breakfast. Never seen that before but they were actually very good!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 007Sam
John K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to our guest survey and for your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our customers expectation and we appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to give us the feedback.
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came to Peoria to visit Bradley University. The hotel was located close enough to the university but in a very industrial-looking neighborhood. Not a good intro to Peoria. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The room itself was clean and mostly quiet. The heater kept making clicking noises throughout the night which kept waking me up. Breakfast was good. Love how they had CNN on one TV and FoxNews on the other--covering all bases!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East

Been to Best Western Plus Peoria? Share your experiences!