I stayed here on business for a week as a solo traveler. This is just an average Holiday Inn, nothing special. The location is close to where I needed to be and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are kind of weird when you walk in, its the vanity area of the bathroom. I guess for families this may be convenient so that one person can shower while the other uses the sink. I found it an odd arrangement, but not inconveniencing.
The beds are in need of replacing, both of them in the room sagged in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I hardly got any sleep the entire time. Also the mini fridge froze my drinks and yogurt that I had bought. There did not seem to be any way to adjust the temperature in the fridge. When I got there, the light in the bathroom would not come on, but I called the front desk and it was addressed the next morning. The telephone handset never worked (it is cordless). When I asked the front desk about it, they said to put it on the charger... hmmm after 5 days it still did not work.
Other than that, it was semi-clean -- just a little mold in the shower and wear patterns in the carpet. No odd smells in the room I stayed in. I am pretty sensitive to smells too. Linens were crisp and neat. I was able to get the air conditioner to a comfortable level (nice and cold). I also did not hear any noise that would wake me up.
They have a free breakfast included with your stay which is ok (meaning its not a fancy resturant but good for a hotel). I like the options of having some lean proteins (eggs), as well as light yogurt. They also had fresh fruit and some diet cheats (cinnamon buns, muffins, etc). Coffee was good. I feel this is an added value especially if you have a family.
The staff was friendly and accomodating. I have another two weeks in Peoria and will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to newly renovated Best Western Plus East Peoria, Illinois. Conveniently located off I-74 at exit 95A, the Best Western Plus East Peoria is close to everything the Peoria Area has to offer. The Best Western Plus East Peoria offers 85 well appointed guest rooms that will exceed the expectations of the corporate traveler as well as the weekend warriors. Amenities of the Best Western Plus East Peoria include free high speed Internet access, Complimentary Smart Start Breakfast, Greenhouse Indoor Pool with Retractable Roof, and Exercise Room. Additional in room amenities include free local calls, 47 inch TV with extended cable service featuring over 60 channels, mini-fridge and microwave, coffee service featuring Arabic Roast Coffee, wall mounted hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The Best Western Plus East Peoria has many different room types to meet any ones needs such as one and two room suites. The Best Western Plus East Peoria is located only 1 mile from the Paradice Riverboat Casino, and within minutes of Caterpillar World Headquarters, OSF St. Francis Hospital, Komatsu Company, The Peoria Civic Center and Eastside Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Peoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Peoria Hotel East Peoria
- East Peoria Peoria County Holiday Inn