“Just ok”

Best Western Plus Peoria
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here on business for a week as a solo traveler. This is just an average Holiday Inn, nothing special. The location is close to where I needed to be and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are kind of weird when you walk in, its the vanity area of the bathroom. I guess for families this may be convenient so that one person can shower while the other uses the sink. I found it an odd arrangement, but not inconveniencing.

The beds are in need of replacing, both of them in the room sagged in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I hardly got any sleep the entire time. Also the mini fridge froze my drinks and yogurt that I had bought. There did not seem to be any way to adjust the temperature in the fridge. When I got there, the light in the bathroom would not come on, but I called the front desk and it was addressed the next morning. The telephone handset never worked (it is cordless). When I asked the front desk about it, they said to put it on the charger... hmmm after 5 days it still did not work.

Other than that, it was semi-clean -- just a little mold in the shower and wear patterns in the carpet. No odd smells in the room I stayed in. I am pretty sensitive to smells too. Linens were crisp and neat. I was able to get the air conditioner to a comfortable level (nice and cold). I also did not hear any noise that would wake me up.

They have a free breakfast included with your stay which is ok (meaning its not a fancy resturant but good for a hotel). I like the options of having some lean proteins (eggs), as well as light yogurt. They also had fresh fruit and some diet cheats (cinnamon buns, muffins, etc). Coffee was good. I feel this is an added value especially if you have a family.

The staff was friendly and accomodating. I have another two weeks in Peoria and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear tripcasey,

Thank you for your candid review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast and found our staff friendly and accommodating. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay.

Connie D

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was average. Not real impressed. I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for a very long time.
Value was average.
We needed a suite with 4 kids and 2 adult. Room has an odor. Pull out couch was really too small for two kids. Bathroom was not vented well. Refrigerator hummed. Pool area was ok. Older carpet but not disgusting. It just needs a little TLC.
Greatful we were able to walk in and get a room.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear cplot,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if some items in your room didn't meet your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of their expectations.

I have taken note of your comments and we will use these to target opportunity areas. Thank you again for choosing us, and taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Dhan M

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night with our kids. The room was a 2 rm suite. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, bathroom was good.

At 3am someone checked into the room above us and we just heard EVERY STEP they made for the next hour. I complained to the front desk but the noise went on - and our little kids were then awake. Stay ruined.

The walls and ceilings in this hotel are just paper thin, poorly constructed. Never had that problem at the Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear mpaterso,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the beds and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a quick overnight in East Peoria for business. The hotel was clean,quiet and the service was friendly. Only minor complaint is I wish the Holiday Inns would change their shampoo and cream rinse. My hair always feels terrible after I've used it. I do like the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk! Oh, and they had the coolest automatic pancake machine for breakfast. Never seen that before but they were actually very good!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 007Sam
John K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2014

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to our guest survey and for your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our customers expectation and we appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to give us the feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came to Peoria to visit Bradley University. The hotel was located close enough to the university but in a very industrial-looking neighborhood. Not a good intro to Peoria. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The room itself was clean and mostly quiet. The heater kept making clicking noises throughout the night which kept waking me up. Breakfast was good. Love how they had CNN on one TV and FoxNews on the other--covering all bases!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KarinRK

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice clean hotel close to many restaurants.
Not too far out of town. (2 minute drive)
Good for a business stay.
Great rates and good breakfast.
Like any good holiday inn express.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank MartynD

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Terri Gustafson General manager and her employee are the best. They went beyond the call of duty during my stay at this hotel. I had a medical emergency and they were completey on top of it with the ambulance and support for me. Made me feel comfortable away from home. When I was taken to the Hospital Terri Gustafsonn herself showed up at the hospital with some of my belongings that I would need and gave me her private cell number incase I needed anything else and a ride back to the hotel. She also held my room for me and had flowers for me when I arrived back in my room after spending a night in the hospital and surgery. Terri and her staff made me feel warm and welcome and comfortable. I was several hours away from home. I cannot express how grateful I am. I am in the Peoria area a lot for business and this is the only hotel I would stay at.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect