“Nice hotel, sketchy location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Kennett Square PA
“Nice hotel, sketchy location”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

While this Fairfield Inn was up to the standards of Marriott, clean, up-to-date rooms, responsive staff, good breakfast, the location was rather odd. On the map, it looked like it overlooked the river, but in fact it was in some sort of industrial area, behind a shopping area. I did not like the surroundings.

Room Tip: As always, avoid being next to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelom
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Travelom,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff, and hope you will see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2012

At $49 (plus $15 tax), my room at this hotel was a great value. It's brand new, with a modern look, fitness center and pool. Breakfast was nice, with lots of options. Ate at a Bob Evans closeby and got up early the next morning for the long drive home. A nice oasis in East Peoria.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marblehead750
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Marblehead750,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn. We appreciate your compliments about our facility and hope to have you come and stay with us again.

Thanks again,
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My king room was clean with a very useful layout for the business traveler. Had a fridge that actually gets things cold (most hotel fridges do not do much to cool a room temperature beverage, but this one has a cool 'quick chill' feature). Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good. Plus the gym has free weights. I love dumbbells in a hotel gym! There's not much more I could ask for at this hotel. This will be my go to hotel in Peoria from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank alwayssummer82
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Alwayssummer82,
Thank you very much for writing a review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our hotel and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were recently in Peoria for our son's wedding. We always book at Marriott properties. Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor I requested a room near the front of the hotel and the front desk accommodated us. Connie was very friendly at check-in. She also checked on us about 30 minutes later to see if everything was okay. We suspected something may be wrong with the A/C as we couldn't get the thermostat to go below 80 degrees. Since the temp was in the upper 90's that day it was important to get it fixed ASAP. The maintenance man "Bill" arrived within about 10 minutes and fixed the problem within a few minutes.

Unfortunately when we came back later in the evening we had the same problem but rather then call the front desk we figured out how to reset the unit and it kicked back on. The breakfast bar was wells stocked with the typical fare of scrambled eggs, waffle mix, sausage, rolls, bagels, juice, cereal, etc. No problems there.

The only complaint was that we left early the first morning and returned to the room about 2PM to change for the wedding but the room was not made up yet, so I had to grab some towels off the cart. The room attendant showed up about 3 and we had to tell her to return in about an hour. I would think that the priority would be to get the rooms made for the people staying more than one night. Anyway, all in all the hotel was fine for what we needed, although the next time I may consider spending a few more dollars book at the Springhill, Residence Inn or Courtyard.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room near the front if you don't want to hear the highway. Also, get a spar...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Chasg123,
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with your A/C unit, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area.

Yours truly,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The place is not great.. but close to CAT facility. Fairfield charges quite a bit for the meagre facility.. but I noticed that the rates are higher during the week and drops on the weekend. Marriott making money off of CAT. The faucets sprinkle as opposed to giving out enough water. If I had a choice, I would go somehwere else.. but the Marriott offers are too good. I stay at these uselsss places during business travel and get a good property during vacations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sriamara,
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Thanks for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Peoria East for your business needs and we look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!

Yours truly,
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The room was very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful. They even let us use the breakfast area for dinner one night we were there. The hotel was a great value and had a wonderful view for watching the fireworks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had an nice stay at the hotel. The room was nice and the the bathroom was larger than average which I liked.
However, when I took a shower, I could have used hotter water. It was hot, but not hot enough. I don't believe it was the busy time for taking showers, so I think the hot water heater was set just a little low. I mentioned it to the front dest when I checked out.
The breakfast area is poor. There was an average variety of food and a lot of tables for eating but the counter that held the food was small & layed out very poorly. The plates were in front of the bakery. We had to wait in line to get a plate even though we didn't want the bakery. There isn't enough space to display the food etc. in a user friendly manner. There weren't a lot of people in the area when we ate, and it seemed to be congested.
I checked the guest information book in the room. It said local calls-no charge. When I got the bill, there was a $.75 charge for a local call I had made. I brought it to the attention of the clerk. She took it off the bill and side that it had been coded as Local on the bill. (Should not have been charged to begin with)
Overall the stay was good, however I believe the price was high compared to similar places we stay.
As we left, (very near) we saw a hotel billboard display (Another hotel Chain) , with rates starting at less than half of what we paid. It makes me think twice about trying them.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear bawinasap,

Thank you for your candid review, we appreciate your business and your input. I apologize that you were mistakenly charged for your local call, thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we could remove the charge. Thank you for mentioning the water temperature as well. I feel badly you didn’t enjoy breakfast or find our hotel to be the value you were looking for. I sincerely hope you will stay again the next time you find yourself in the area to give us a second opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East? Share your experiences!