“Won't be returning”

Jonah's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonah's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in East Peoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Peoria, Illinois
“Won't be returning”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I would like to state that the staff did a great job! It seems like this place may be badly managed, but the staff are very apologetic and helpful to make up for that! Scallops were over cooked, rubbery, gross. Paired with some boring au gratin potatoes. Wine was okay, not sure why we were recommended a red with our meal but we should have known better! Next time will just stick to oyster bar. Although view was great!

• Visited September 2013

“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I met some friends for dinner and had a great time. Service was outstanding. Atmosphere a little busy but that is to be expected. Food tasted great. Sesame Tuna as yum! Oysters Rockefeller was AMAZING! Of course anything with bacon on it is good. Not the restaurant full menu so don't be surprised. Can't wait to go back. Enjoy!

Washington, Illinois, United States
“My husband ate every bit of it!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We go to Jonah's for a special birthday treat for my husband. He ordered the sampler platter for his main meal. It feeds 4-5 people as an appetizer...or just my husband for a meal. The platter, and I do mean platter, came heaped with calamari, different kinds of shrimp, octopus, and many other kinds of seafood, plus 4 crab rangoon. He was in heaven! We sat at a table by the windows with a view of the Illinois River. The wait staff was excellent - always on top of things and anticipated our needs. He brought us a very large slice of a decadent chocolate cake for Dale's birthday treat. Oh. My. Gosh! That topped off an excellent dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Exceptional service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to Jonah's for dinner on New Year's Eve with my family. The food was great. The menu was limited and when we asked the waiter about it he said that they were expecting a large crowd and had simplified their menu. I had the grouper which was tasty but WAY over priced. My boyfriend had the jambalaya and it was excellent. The waiter brought me a HUGE piece of chocolate cake for my birthday free of charge. We will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
“Great oysters but overall expected more for the price ”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The husband & I came here for New Years Eve as a special treat. We found the Oysters Rockefeller to be very tasty and enjoyed the herb butter & bread. If we had stopped there, our review would be more positive. Our main dishes (marlin with cream sauce & grouper oscar) didn't seem worth their steep price tag ($25-30 each.) The fish itself tasted good, as did the augratin potatoes but there wasn't much flavor in anything else & the portions were small.

We are familiar with fancy small portion restaurants, but Jonah's seemed more on the average side. Next time we are in Peoria & want seafood we will go to Joe's Crab Shack where the bill was substantially less & the flavors equal or better.

Been to Jonah's Seafood House? Share your experiences!