“This time quality didn't match price”

Jonah's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonah's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in East Peoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We've always had good experiences at the Oyster Bar (Jonah's). Our most recent trip was alittle disappointing. A grouper sandwich (with cole slaw) for $15.90 seems alittle steep, especially when the piece of grouper was about the size of a deck of cards. The fried oysters while priced right were lacking in quality this time. Hopefully this was just a bad day in the kitchen.

1  Thank islandexplorer

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I decided to try something different for Lunch since I was in East Peoria for business. My GPS lead me to Jonah's. I was happy to see that the flood waters had not made it inaccessible. This restaurant is situated right on the edge of the lake. It has an indoor porch area with great views. I ordered the crab cake sandwich with the side salad. The salad was one of the best small salads I have ever had with homemade house dressing, and a great variety of toppings. I thought I would get just a crab cake without the bun but the waitress recommend the bun since it is also house made. So I did and she was right. Very light almost fluffy. I highly this place for a quick lunch that's out of the ordinary.

1  Thank 007Sam
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is a little pricey, but if you want really good seafood, then this is the place to go. I recommend the orange ruffy.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went for lunch last week, and it was quite a surprise. The decor inside was pub-style, but it had a lovely view of the river when we sat by the window. I ordered the cod sandwich - it came with coleslaw as a starter. Being from New England, I thought that was a bit strange, until I saw the coleslaw. It was a huge plate of it - not just a tiny cupful like we get back home. The coleslaw was better than average. My husband got the clam chowder and he said it was tasty. My mother-in-law had a salad to start and she liked it. My cod sandwich was huge, hot and tasted very fresh. Delicious. My husband ordered the shrimp platter and it, too, was quite enormous, with lots of shrimp. My mother-in-law got some sort of beef and vegetables with rice thing, she liked it a lot. When we got the bill, I was quite surprised. It was very reasonably priced. We may go back next time we're visiting my mother-in-law.

1  Thank Kara B
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went here with husband and teenage daughters as a family celebration. Didn't really know anything about it, but it was just across the street from the hotel we were staying at. Glad we picked it! Incredible seafood and non-seafood. Three of us had seafood (monk fish, salmon, coconut shrimp) and it was all extremely delicious and perfectly prepared. One of my daughters went for non-seafood (there are several choices for any in the group who do not like seafood) and had chicken tenders. They were some of the best she had ever had, made with panko breading. The service was also fantastic. Our waiter, Bill, was very friendly and knowledgeable. He offered great suggestions and answered all our questions. Loved this place. We are going to be in Peoria again next month and will definitely go back.

1  Thank allidan2