“Still The Best Burgers”

Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in East Peoria
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went Wednesday tried the Philidelphia and it was delicious with fresh fries MMmmm. My lady friend had the St. Patrick did that look good on marble rye, it looked like a reuben with a burger, i should have taken a bite but i'll get that next time. Got the three dollar salad which was ok, the lettuce was shredded which is not a normal salad but i ate it. Service was good except for another waitress took our drinks cause we went to the smoking area after we ordered. That was ok they refeshed our drinks. If you want the best unique burgers in the Peoria area,go to BURGER BARGE.

1  Thank katola69
There are newer reviews for Burger Barge

Reviewed July 23, 2013

So today I drove to E. Peoria for business. Of course before I left I had to see where a good place to eat would be. So the #2 place on the list I found on line (this site actually) was Burger Barge. After reading the reviews (hole in the wall, always packed, graffiti on the walls and awesome burgers) I figure this was my kind of place, so I stopped in and I have to tell you, these burgers ROCK!! This place is a hole in the wall, but some of the best food comes from places like this. (The best prime rid you will ever have is from Silver Dollar in Thorp Wisconsin. Only served on Thursday nights but if you can find the place and you don’t think so, I will pay for your meal there) But anyway, today Burger Barge was PACKED but we had great service (thank you Tammy)! I took down the Tavern Burger. Beef patty, fried onion, ham, cheese, mayo, fried egg and of course Bacon. The 5-1/2 hour drive there wasn’t fun but I have to say, if I ever have to drive it again, I have something to look forward to!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited the Burger Barge a couple times on our visit to East Peoria. The first time - it wasn't too crowded and we enjoyed the food. The second time we went it was very crowded and it took 1.5 hours for our food to come. We didn't mind much - because the drinks are Great!! I would recommend stopping in - if you visit the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

food and service were great! lot's of choices for gourmet burgers and sides. Unique place, a must for your next visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to BB many times, and as an average rating, this place is very good.
Remember, it is a small (but expanding) riverside bar & grill; reminding yourself of that, will help you avoid the shock of the dumpy-looking shack that has been rated so highly by it's fans.

The joint is a waterfront Jimmy Buffet sorta atmosphere... The food is big & tasty.
Service is hit-and-miss. Servers are typically not very attentive (refilling empty drinks, etc) and the kitchen sometimes takes a while to get the food to the table, but what the heck - you're so busy admiring the river view, the other people's food, and people-watching that time goes by quickly!

Today's visit was unremarkable. The place was about 50% capacity, and there was plenty of wait-staff. One would think that food & service would be top-notch, but this wasn't the case.
The waitress was quick to take my order (My favorite item is the Tavern Burger - a carnivorous delight, featuring a large burger, cheese, grilled onions, an egg, ham & bacon!) but it took over 30 min to get my burger... A couple had walked in at the same time I did, and they were nearly done eating when my food arroved. A couple times the waitress asked if I wanted a drink refill - timing it immediately after I took a bite of food (my pet peeve of wait-staff) and then when I needed a refill she was nowhere to be found for about 10 minutes....

The food is great here. Atmosphere doesn't change much. The waiter/waitress will be a large part of your experience...