“At first you're like...No way...After you leave, you'll always want to come back!”
Review of Burger Barge

Burger Barge
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in East Peoria
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

So one night my girl and I were looking for a quality burger and wanted something different than the usual culver's which is the dominant burger place in Peoria.

This was our first experience and at first it was kind of weird driving up because its not easy to find but when you find it, it's a nice "diner, drive-in, dive" type of place. Very "homey" atmosphere.

What I liked: the homey atmosphere, the HEATED PATIO, the food quality, and the prices.

The patio was so warm in 20 degree weather, it felt like 80 degrees, in an outdoor covered patio. The waitress was a young girl and she was nice and pleasant!

Burger was meaty and very "juicy Lucy'ish". I'm surprised they don't have a burger like that with the cheese melting through. I wasn't a fan of the excess mayo and dry bacon but scrape it off and it's a good burger. Fries were awesome as well! Food served on tray and baking sheet with foam cups! I poured nacho cheese sauce on my burger and it tasted AMAZING! Very fulfilling. I intend on making burger barge a stop every time I'm in Peoria. No more culver's for me unless I have to. Now granted its more expensive and fries DO NOT come with it but the burger makes up for it.

Con:
Burgers are $8 WITHOUT FRIES. Come on, y'all can include the fries. Don't act like the extra $2-$3 will make the restaurant close over fry sales.

Tables didn't seem that sanitary. There was a penis carved into my table and the table was still a bit sticky, but no crazy odor or anything to make me go crazy over.

Overall: great burger place! You'll be hooked. I'm from Chicago, I've had the best burgers from Culver's, PORTILLOS, Smith & Wollensky's KOBE burger, M burger, Top Notch BeefBurgers, etc.

Great burgers. Go here! Quality!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stopped in at the Burger Barge on a gambling trip to Peoria( the food at the casino is awful, but that's another review) because we've always been satisfied with the quality of the burgers. Well, this time I've got to say I was really disappointed. The obviously cooked-from-frozen patty was smaller, the bleu cheese was some sort or sauce from a bottle,the cheese slice was processed imitation whatever, the bun was your run of the mill grocery store variety.......you get the picture....everything was cheapened up, plus it was extra for fries after spending $8 for the burger. They still had a good crowd,for now.... but I won't be back, sorry guys.

1  Thank TechyD
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Been wanting to eat here for 3+ years and glad to have succeeded. Casual hangout that many enjoy for best burgers that have great offerings that are not the usual. And what makes Saturday's special. ..Red Stripe beer $2.50 all day. Worth a visit.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

First off the place was filthy, we were there for lunch, you can tell no one swept from the day (or two) before,,,the menu had mold on it, the drink menu looked to have had drinks poured all over it and it was really dirty,,,everything was greasy, incudeing the ketchup, salt and peper. the bottom of the ketchup was covered with crud. there was dirty napkins at the booth. The lemonade tasted of water and the plastic pitcher it was in. I got the steak and cheese. Meat had no flavor at all. My girl friend got a burger that was very overcooked. The waitress forgot my lemonade and gave us fries instead of frips. Hands down the dirt was worst than the flavorless food.

5  Thank kimberly S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

A little place along the river with both indoor and outdoor dining.
It's nothing fancy but the food is good and the beer is cold. Reasonably priced.